• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

What grinds your gears in MP?

Started by cheesepuffly, May 09, 2009, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Quote from: VoodooChile on May 11, 2009, 03:03:27 PM
i was in a strat, went to see what enemy base was like and i see 1 of them sitting still so i sniped him.  :evil:
the player gets all mad and tells me that i dont know how to fight and im a noob etc... :roll:
next thing he gets killed and quits...so far nothing special...
after a minute some other player comes in; who pissed blabla (some german nick) off?!
ehrm...its his daddy!  :-o
that would be me, he was behaving like a asshole...
i get a whole lecture from daddy about how to behave in a game, i should behave better versus new players and finaly after me telling him twice that i just sniped him and it was his kid that was bitching at me.....tells me i am 1 of those psycho kids who terrorises others online.....now that grinded my gear! (although i was laughing about it at the same time  :-D)
Shoulda sniped him too :P

Or at least tell him to let his son fight his own damn battles, and on a game called BATTLEZONE, how are you going to survive if you can't?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

It's Battlezone not Crybehindmyfatherzone.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Lol!

What's the bet that he actually did exactly that?...

:cry:
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

I suddenly want to meet this player ingame...

bigbadbogie

Meat, greet, beat, and eat this player... and then get yelled at for being a cyber-terrorist.  :lol:
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Axeminister

This game is getting handed down to kids all the time. Which is good in one way, we get more players. But alot of them seem to be the ones who join my mpi's, then do the things I listed above. Then I have to be more of a teacher than a commander and I've done it many times. I don't mind sometimes because I remember my first attempt to join a game online. I had been playing the single player missions for about four years, over and over, then I finally got internet and you guessed it, it was dial-up. I think I was getting 14.4k, lol and found out about 1.2. It took all night but I finally got it, installed it and off I went to join a game. I remember the first reaction, somone went AAAAARGH!!!! I lagged out and didn't know what happened, but had a good idea. Sometime later I got dsl and started hosting G66 mpi's and the same thing would happen to me. I remember saying noob stuff, like "I don't like the mdm because it doesn't kill some things" and asking how to group units. I remember someone asked for a pulse and I gave them the pulse-stab and they were not happy about having to wait for me to understand they wanted the sniper rifle. Ah, good times.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Spot

N00bs in general are welcome to join, no problem. The really inexperianced players often are less worse as the ones that think they do know the game, but actually do not.
As when I tell them to stay close and I will show them some tricks they usually do, give them some scavs and tell them for now to focus on keeping the extractors up, and they do. Some that do have a basic understanding however often seem to think its a good thing to rush into 2-3 incoming walkers head-on, than start bugging you if you dont have a ship ready for them when they loose the next one, and than dont understand you cant even give them a good ship as they have all scavs you build but they dont deploy them. Or even worse, rush to the AI-base to loose their ship without a fight to than never leave but try to snipe the AIs walkers and atanks for the rest of the game, even get mad if I dont enable the respawn with sniper option ..... its usually "bye bye /ban" at that time :D

Or really annoying, someone that keeps giving you unwanted advice ... basicly dictating how you should command.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

AHadley

Makes you want to ask them how long they've been playing... which is no doubt less than you, Red :P

Red Spot

AHadley

Fair point. Especially useful when there is a titan just in front of you, you don't want to be sitting there with the chat window open :lol:

This reminds me of a mod I saw for a different game, actually... it made players invulnerable when they had the chat menu or the escape meny open, though it got spammed a hell of a lot. Even in an fps game, its a bad thing. in rts is just lets you amass resources.

King Gladiator

Quote from: Axeminister on May 12, 2009, 07:10:43 AM
"I don't like the mdm because it doesn't kill some things"
by the way what things does the mdm not kill? i could never figure that out

anyway
I think noobs are fine to have in a game. sometimes they come up with crazy ideas that some commanders wont do because they are risky but they sometimes work. but one thing i dont like is commanders who are way to guarded and wont let you have a single tank out of their masses because it might get blown up. also noobs who have no common sense. its fine to make a stupid mistake, but you gotta learn from it.  i remember playing with some guy who decided he could go toe to toe in a walker with a heavy saber in a front attack. and when you play on drop zone and people decide its just a mini statue i can take it and get ambushers flying around your base and then think they can kill the statue eventually...and consequentially kill your entire base from ambushers.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Red Spot

Quote from: King Gladiator on May 12, 2009, 01:16:42 PM
Quote from: Axeminister on May 12, 2009, 07:10:43 AM
"I don't like the mdm because it doesn't kill some things"

Vehicles and guntowers are killed by mdm, the rest at most gets a little damage from the explosion effect.

DraconX3

Hmm, my philisophy, people are stupid >.>`......  Good thing im an official none person ^_^, got the papers to prove it too.   Anyway heheh.

Heavy Rocket Tank + dual salvo rocket = teh winz >.>... If you can afford it in game heheh.

VSMIT

Quote from: DraconX3 on May 14, 2009, 08:01:57 AM
Hmm, my philisophy, people are stupid >.>`......  Good thing im an official none person ^_^, got the papers to prove it too.   Anyway heheh.

Heavy Rocket Tank + dual salvo rocket = teh winz >.>... If you can afford it in game heheh.
Thnx 4 da post.

Quote from: Red Spot on May 12, 2009, 01:57:04 PM

Vehicles and guntowers are killed by mdm, the rest at most gets a little damage from the explosion effect.
Some things don't detonate an MDM on contact (namely Jammers) and it can get a little difficult when you need that bounce.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

VoodooChile

Quote from: DraconX3 on May 14, 2009, 08:01:57 AM
Hmm, my philisophy, people are stupid >.>`......  Good thing im an official none person ^_^, got the papers to prove it too.   Anyway heheh.

i like double hornet in them, good range with big firepower  :-)