• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Darn scratch

Started by bp512, May 09, 2009, 02:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bp512

Hey guys, I have been trying for several hours now to reload BZII onto my sytem after not playing for several years however I can get it to 94% and then I hit a wall at Scion_dn.bik file.
Anyone able to make a suggestion on how to get around this.
I have tried it on 3 machines and it does the same thing in each case - I think its a scratch

AHadley

Clean the disk with a solution of the following chemicals:

59% water
40% isopropyl alcohol
1% detergent

Nice little disk cleaner, works for me. CDs, vinyl records... you name it :lol:

bp512

Intresting result !
Now I can get to 95% and the install engine quits
Anyone seen that before?

TheJamsh

Need some more details as to what youre running it on.

Do you have an installation of BZ2 on another machine at all? if you do you can just copy the files to a memory stick and move them to wherever you want.

See if you can copy the files ON THE DISC, onto youre computer directly (into mydocs or wherever), then find the correct setup file and run it from there. That MIGHT work, so long as you can copy them into mydocs

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Power Board

I have the same problem but it only gets up to data.pak. And AHadley cleaning solution does not work  :-(

Nielk1

Click on the image...

GSH

I had a DVD at home that never played correctly. One coworker at work had a http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Innovations-10185-Motorized-AutoMax/dp/B00080YK9Y (or a close cousin), and that worked great.

-- GSH

King Gladiator

haha never use store brand cleaners! they ruin your cds more than clean them! i once tried a disc doctor on a halo 1 disk and it fried it! then they wouldnt give me my money back because somehow i was responsible
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Nielk1

Quote from: GSH on May 09, 2009, 07:54:54 PM
I had a DVD at home that never played correctly. One coworker at work had a http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Innovations-10185-Motorized-AutoMax/dp/B00080YK9Y (or a close cousin), and that worked great.

-- GSH

A hand held one of those is why my Ace Combat Zero is useless. When in the light your disk has lines perpendicular to the correct direction, it wont work.

I recognize the orange thingy. It sometimes works, but I don't ever suggest using it for console games.

Click on the image...

AHadley

The installer has closed on me quite a lot, on two disks. One was my original, which snapped in half in the drive one time (no idea what caused it) and the other was a copy I had made to replace it (I assume there was something wrong with the copy)

xSSx Grizzly

Can't you download BZ2 from somewhere???

Nielk1

Quote from: xSSx Grizzly on May 10, 2009, 06:00:12 AM
Can't you download BZ2 from somewhere???

Yes.

Legally:
No

We can publicly tell you:
No

Click on the image...

AHadley

I beleive it is legal to download a copy of a game you legally own (though I am by no means certain), but since the link can't be posted on the board without attracting unwanted attention by SMF, it'd have to be PM'ed to you.

I have no such link.

Steeveeo

I always keep a backup ISO of games on my harddrives, they're quite handy in a bind! :)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.