• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Update and idea pool

Started by King Gladiator, May 12, 2009, 01:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Gladiator

Hey to everyone on the site. I just wanted to make a topic so people can post ideas they have for future updates. maybe in the future somone will add a couple ideas from here and put it in the next version.

to start-
Turret compasses on walkers-i know i posted this earlier

An easier way to change team colors such as an option in say the graphics tab where the color table is displayed and you can just point and choose what team colors you want. if you want to know what i mean load up ms paint or something and look and the color values you can pick, that sort of table.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

AHadley

The latter can be done on the console at the moment, and via gameprefs.

Race mode needs fixing, and I think more maps for both this gamemode and loot are needed.

The bugs in SP need fixing.

Some new gamemodes would be nice, though this would be more mod than patch territory.

GSH

Someone else could write up a quick app that uses that windows colorpicker control (it's MUCH easier to not try and use that from a fullscreen DirectX app!) and writes out to localprefs.ini. Bonus points for preserving the rest of their localprefs.ini file.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

everyones... so... demanding...

Colourpicking could EASILY be done via the shell. (so long as buttons can write lines to the console, which i THINK they can).
Maps for race mod, MAKE THEM THEN!
Bugs in SP, nearly fixed all ODF-based ones i can find. some (regarding lights and in need of .dll changes) i cant fix.

TBH, im a bit of a bastard anyway when it comes to feature requests. I get a little... carried away. Poor GSH :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 12, 2009, 03:21:45 PM
everyones... so... demanding...

Colourpicking could EASILY be done via the shell. (so long as buttons can write lines to the console, which i THINK they can).
Maps for race mod, MAKE THEM THEN!
Bugs in SP, nearly fixed all ODF-based ones i can find. some (regarding lights and in need of .dll changes) i cant fix.

TBH, im a bit of a bastard anyway when it comes to feature requests. I get a little... carried away. Poor GSH :P

Um, I looked and I don't see gameprefs RBGA exposed to the console so, no, it cannot be done in shell, ever.

Now, we can add buttons for those two dimwitted to type the /commands.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

What about caves? Could they be made so they weren't an object but mold-able using height.
C l a v i n 1 2

Steeveeo

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 12, 2009, 05:25:17 PM
What about caves? Could they be made so they weren't an object but mold-able using height.

Not without a massive rewrite to, well, basically the entire terrain engine.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Steeveeo

However, if tunnel type objects were recoded to allow building on top of/in THEM, I think it would work better than trying to recode the entirety of BZ2.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Red Spot

Quote from: AHadley on May 12, 2009, 02:14:48 PM
Race mode needs fixing

What is it that needs fixing? I just raced in 1.2 to know what it should do in 1.3 after going through the source-code.
So far all I noticed is that in 1.2 the spawnpoints werent set to team 0 and in 1.3 it does, so all I so far can see it that race actually works better ...

*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

RS, have you tested with other playes in the game? and does it actually count laps and whatnot?

Red Spot

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 13, 2009, 11:23:24 AM
RS, have you tested with other playes in the game? and does it actually count laps and whatnot?

Nope, only have 1 pc at hand atm so I cant by myself ...
Start a match I'd say, I'll be online in 2 minutes :)

edit: just hosted a race and the checkpoints didnt show for me, the 2 others that joined seemed to be unable to answer if they did have checkpoints they where to busy do a DM .... (its sooo hard to read ...  :roll:)
Does make me think its probably a dll thingy .. See what comes up I compare the 1.2 and 1.3 source codes ..

edit2: can someone point me to the 1.2 source code ? I cant seem to find it atm. Thanks.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Nielk1

I have reason to believe the race mode breaks because of some issue with the save/load function. THe best way to test this is to run it in single player then save. The Save/Load functions are used in MP when a player joins and in making reactor wars I found how a small issue with them can happen only when 1 or more other person is around.

Also:
I can't find the 1.2 source either.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

you CANT save in race mode... its MP?? (unless im not being told something)

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 13, 2009, 01:40:26 PM
you CANT save in race mode... its MP?? (unless im not being told something)

You can save in anyone. Make a shortcut that launches the map directly.
Save.
Load.

Click on the image...