• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Nielk1's Idea Dumping Ground

Started by Nielk1, May 13, 2009, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

I get lots of ideas, and I plan to make them all! Feel free to suggest insane ideas yourself, they might get done somehow.

The ideas so far, be sure to follow links!

The standard light tank of the Forces spatiale canadienne, it comes equip with two cannons. The large armored pontoons house heating coils to ensure 100% performance in moderate to freezing temperatures. This ensures this unit works in all Earth bound conditions.

A special utility device of the Forces spatiale canadienne, the Snow Machine is capable of dropping the local temperature giving a distinct advantage to units adapted or created for such conditions. It is also capable of directing cooling at enemy craft via the small turreted nozzle on top.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

I thought the canadian's only had a rowboat with 1 paddle for their navy?  :lol:

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Arbystrider

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 13, 2009, 08:15:25 PM
I thought the canadian's only had a rowboat with 1 paddle for their navy?  :lol:

Um, I don't think they used fries for it. And a battleship with 1 paddle could mean 1 minigun. Insufficient compared to what I'm probably going to release in my mod.
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Red Spot

The top ship looks cool imo, would probably also make for a nice hover variant of the isdf Atank. (possibly even an upgrade of it if it keeps the dual barrels)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

"Forces spatiale canadienne"  ????

Seriously?  Canadian Space Force??  I mean, are you going to create them as a race for real?

Forgive me, but the "Snow Machine" bit makes me wonder if there's more than a touch of humor here...

:)

-Av-

TheJamsh

Yeh not so sure about the snow cannon :)

looks awesome though. Maybe it could be a suicide turret, or a flame turret?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: Avatar on May 14, 2009, 03:22:57 PM
Forgive me, but the "Snow Machine" bit makes me wonder if there's more than a touch of humor here...

It will lower the temperature in a given area. As per the link, I plan to track things like Gravity, Temperature, Radiation, and Atmosphere in idea dump of a mod. Its been on my list a while, I randomly make things for it when I am bored. Its been messed with since October of last year.

The now machine is called that for lack of a better name. It cools the area making units made specifically for cold more effective. It will also be able to cool things that need cooling, and might be made able to directly attempt to freeze and enemy instead of cooling just the air.

This little ambitious project will likely have things in the ODFs like:
StandardTemp = 22.3 // normal inner temp
TempVariation = 0.421
HullTempDamp = "-2xx" // x = StandardTemp - CurrentTemp, this equation + 1.0 is damage multi for self
DamageTempDamp = "-(x/5)" // , this equation + 1.0 is damage multi for those shot, might put it in weps
addAmmoTemp = "-2x" // negatives ignored, alternate entry for cold damage?
addHullTemp =  "-2x" // negatives ignored, alternate entry for cold damage?

Click on the image...

So, like lava damage, only on snow?  Specially equipped ships won't be damaged, but everyone else will?

We've already had a lot of ships on very cold worlds like Bane and Europa, and biometal seems to handle it well.  I'd think the only real effect would be on speed, turning, friction, that sort of thing.

OTOH there's never a need to go totally canon when doing a mod.  You could enhance both heat and cold effects via DLL for all ships, looking for special ODF entries and tracking ground conditions either through paths or placed items (like 'soundcube' for sounds you could have 'snowcube' for snow).  Then as buildings are built it would adjust things for all races.

I love the idea, but it'll probably turn out to be more work than it seems at first glance.  :)

-Av-

Nielk1

Oh, its tons and tons and tons of work. The idea is every little bit will be build in one of the 3 or so module styles I have and so generalized that any mode can grab them, throw them in their DLL, and use them. Right now it is just some ideas and some code I've done and had no place for. Like the recall mine.

Click on the image...

CivBase

Does it come with a snow-cone ray?

Nielk1

Click on the image...

anomaly

How about a snow-man ray? Stops them in their tracks by burying them under snow shaped like a snowman.
(sandbag+snowman geometry for vehicle explosion effect)

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Axeminister

Make a mine that does the opposite of the solar flare and instead freezes a ship partially as it drives over it, thereby reducing it's functionality. Another mine like the fountain that when dropped it changes the temperature with snow in proximity of the mine temporarily for use with your ships into areas that the snow machine has not been set up yet.
There is no knowledge that is not power.