• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 Forum Icons

Started by CivBase, May 16, 2009, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

I was bored, so I just messed around with the new ta5 icon in GIMP for a while. :lol:

They look kinda cool on a black or dark gray background.

Subject

Subject - New

Hot

Hot - New

Locked - New

Announcement

Announcement - New

Sticky - New

anomaly

The brightness on the icons that mark 'new' is a bit obscuring, especially where there is a symbol too.

CivBase

They are a bit... but it's noticeable, which is necessary for the purpose of the icon.

Nielk1

You could always test them out with a grease monkey script to substitute the images.

I can make some pretty nice ones if we want. I can do an ISDF series, Scions series, etc. Even set up a script to swap out the images to do it locally.

If you look on bzcomplex I use variations of the ring for different things as the center of the ISDF logo is chosen by the poster.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on May 16, 2009, 09:04:45 PM
If you look on bzcomplex I use variations of the ring for different things as the center of the ISDF logo is chosen by the poster.
That I helped make! ^_^

@OP: Neat, Applaud++; for the effort, but I would swap the New and No New status for the icons, the washed out ones look like they'd be "empty" whereas the more vivid ones draw your attention.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.