• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

VO Assistance

Started by Dark Scion Soldier, May 20, 2009, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Scion Soldier

Hello all.  :-D

My microphone is busted so I was wondering if any of you guys could do a couple VO's for me.
(A couple meaning six) It's for a IA map I hope to release next week entitled Aquatic.  (Im having trouble understanding the scriptor, the release date unknown sorry.) :-(

Cast of Characters: Lt. Riley- Angry Irishman in charge.
Sgt. Harmon- Tough as nails, leader of squad Tango.
Pfc. Maine- The player and wingman of squad Tango.
Pfc. Wyoming- Other wingman.
Capt. Daniels- CO in the field, who later saves Tango.
Compton HQ- The faceless voice that gives you your orders.
Brig. Scott- Can't tell right now

If you interested in doing one of the characters PM me and I'll give you the corresponding lines. Thank you for your time. :-D

UPDATE: All VO's are now complete WHOO! Now to figure out that scriptor!  :-D
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

King Gladiator

haha i just gotta say this. is there any reason for the soldiers names being states? Maine and Wyoming?
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

bigbadbogie

Sure... send me one of them...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Dark Scion Soldier

Seeing as you didn't specify which character I'll give you Sgt. Harmon. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. :evil:

AHadley

I'm happy to help if you like.

Dark Scion Soldier

I need anyone I can get. :wink:

Hmm I'll give you Compton HQ. BBB has completely nailed the voice of Sgt. Harmon. Great work! :-D

EDIT: @AHadley:Absolutely I'll add the radio sounds to them later. Gotta love Goldwave! :-D

AHadley

OK, fair enough, and I'm pretty much free to do what I want with that one too :-D

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Dark Scion Soldier on May 21, 2009, 12:22:52 PM
I need anyone I can get. :wink:

BBB has completely nailed the voice of Sgt. Harmon. Great work! :-D

I can do another one if you want... I can do multiple accents and voices... Maybe the Irish guy.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Dark Scion Soldier

Alright. You think you can do it, go for it. :-D

EDIT: @AHadley:Very well done. I like the last VO's crackle.  :-D Thanks alot. :-)

AHadley

I'm afraid I've already done them completely with my copy of GoldWave, lovely bit of kit... all ready for adding to the mod now. :-D

Dark Scion Soldier

Quick question I just made a unit and some custom sounds but ingame aforementioned sounds are said to be missing.. Does the unit need it's own folder with the sounds with it or..?? :|

EDIT: Never mind. Works. :-D except for the died msg.. is that actually used? I don't hear it when I have the unit selected and it dies or when it dies otherwise..

Dark Scion Soldier

Great News!  Just picked up a cheapie microphone so I should be able to do the other VO's. Thanks AHadley and BBB for the voice work. Thanks alot guys!  :-D