• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Kind of stuck making simple air death match for BZII 1.2/FE

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, May 25, 2009, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

The one after 1.2...I like playing Fleshstorm does TA5 allow for that mod? Pb4 didn't allow that as some changes were made that created compatibilty issues. As per earlier posts 1.3 was required under it's own install for mods created during that time frame. To me that's a compatibily bug between different bz2 revisions, i.e., no backward compatibility. One of my dreads is that with each successive revision similar bugs are revealing themselves as a result of moving too fast and not testing enough before releasing the next revision prematurely.    

Anyways, the svar4 thingy did nothing the same default mpi vehicles appeared as if the game just ignored the extra line in the inf file; I even edited the origin mpivehicles file to add my custom air units, but then changed it back to the original list to avoid bad assets. The work around for avoiding the default units is to only allow like the pilot figures in my maps. They seem to work in 1.2/FE and 1.3, so I'm not going to monkey with a good thing.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

General BlackDragon

the svar line should work if you type it correctly and the vehicle txt file is somewhere in addon or a pak that is referanced.

gotta go ttyl

*****General BlackDragon*****

BNG Da BZ Fool

I did manage to get BZ2 to substitute my mpivehicle list, but it started crashing when I ran the map, so I re edited the map inf file and deleted the svar4 line. I also managed to add inf's for my air units to give them a description with the I command.

FE, seems to be a way better mod to make air dm's with due in part to a wider variety of weapons upgrades and better maps to edit from. Now, I need to try my hand at visually modifying map stuff like props, coloring and texturing. I still don't understand the layering part, but that'll come with time I hope.

Death match maps look pretty easy with just needing pspwn_1 points, the deathmatch01.dll, spawn points for my air units and any power ups I want. Then of course saving the map in feaddon\missions\multiplayer/mapfolder. Editing the inf, odf, and shellmap pic. At least now they appear in the map list.

Still haven't figure out why MM5 won't list the new maps; am I missing something on this part? Why would MM5 not listed my new maps? Do I need to remove the current directory and have MM5 re-search my system for maps again?  
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

General BlackDragon

if it crashed, then you did something wrong in your vehicle list.

If its in 1.2, could be anything, like a typo thus pointing to a unit that doesnt exist.

*****General BlackDragon*****