• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

addonmult.bak...What does this mean?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, May 27, 2009, 06:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Is MM5 the only app that creates the addonmulti.bak folder? It seems that BZ2 itself may have created it this time. Whatever is doing it is causing in part bad assets from what I've noticed. A map that worked before yields bad assets in mp after the addonmulti.bak folder is created. Changing things back again seems to help correct some bad asset messages in mp. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

Only FE's EXE or MM5 would be making a folder like that. Or perhaps a BAT file if you have a really old mod.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

Ironically, the first bridges and (fe)craters map dm maps I made worked well enough for my nephew and I to play over a lan, but then things went sour when I switched from cvtalon based air units to tv's gull unit; a true aircraft class type. I tried changing the stock weapons, but strangely enough on one system (mine) they worked fine, but on my nephews system the stock odf weapons appeared; apparently this also caused a bad assets message preventing him from joining my game.

I also noticed that fe maps don't seem to be useable with bzone.exe. If I want to use fe maps do i need to store them in the fe addon/missions/multiplayer folder? My air dm's work better on open flat maps much better then hilly map types.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.