• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

This game still suceeds where so many others fail

Started by TheJamsh, May 27, 2009, 06:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

The whole strategy element of this game is so damn well refined. Heck i don't think half of it was intended. it just works.

I sat and watched a friend playing Halo Wars on Xbox earlier today, and just cant understand why such large companies still CANT get it right! How much money goes into the game industry now? Absolutely freakin loads, and yet this not so state-of-the-art game we all rave about has the best strategy i have ever known.

You really have to get into the universe of BZ2 to succeed. You really have to know you're way around it, not just build hundreds of one slow strong indestructible unit and win, because it doesn't work. BZ2's flaws turn into such brilliant strategy elements if you use them to youre advantage.

Modern strat games? pah. nothing beats old school...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

CivBase

I was an avid fan of Halo Wars for a full year.  I got to be one of the most respected members on the forums (this is not in any way an overstatement).  I did soo much for it...

And then they went and changed everything it was initially about.  We got thrown a bunch of hoot, and the game sucked.  Then I complained and the new mod was PMSing so he/she/whatever IP banned me.

However... ES closed right after the game came out so it's all good :P

Just to enforce what I said before, several people made threads about my being banned. :-D

Okay, now I just sound egotistical... so... where was I?  Oh yah!

I have hopes for Halo 3: ODST... but other than that, the franchise has effectively killed itself for me.  And so, I find myself back playing Battlezone :wink:

General BlackDragon

I never considered Halo Wars part of Halo anyway...it's just C&C3 dressed up. Look at the mammoth tanks...or sorry, "grizzly" tanks...  :-P

anyway....

Alot of humans are stupid and just want graphics....They dont care that the games takes 5 minutes to get a full base and another 10 to build an army and kill everything.

*****General BlackDragon*****

CivBase

Yah...

The grizzlies were gay, but the real thing that pissed me off was the Cyclops.

YOU DON'T MAKE TANK-PUNCHING MECHS!!  YOU JUST DON'T *Ammo*ING DO IT!!!

Axeminister

I could have written a whole bunch here. Suffice to say, BZ2 rocks.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Vid

BZ2 rocks, but there are still some units I don't really use all that much.

Missile Scouts for ISDF and I don't use Lancers that much for Scions.
Never played Halo, so i can't speak for that(making one unit and destroying the enemy in 15min)...  but BZ and BZ2 keep my attention more than anything blizzard has atm, whom used to keep my attention after I quit playing BZ1 when it wouldn't run anymore on my newer pc.

CivBase

Yah, BZ2 has some major balancing issues IMO... but it's not bad.  I still end up spamming 50 APCs all the time ^^

appel

The resource element of the gameplay plays probably the biggest part.

TheJamsh

lancers are powerful units, like a toned down version of a mauler, but with enough agility and a good weapon to fight combat units with. i tend to lock mine in assault mode when they go out in the field.

This wasnt just a direct attack on halo (even though i cant stand any of the halo games personally), but other strat games like C&C, Age of Empires still havent accomplished what BZ has in a game if you ask me. MAD looks promising, but that is very BZ2 influenced.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Mr X

What I like about BZ2 is that it doesn't attract "fanboys" *shudder*
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

I love Lancers, really useful for dogfighting. No need to aim :lol:

I'm glad I haven't heard of these 'fanboys'...