• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Will FE run under 1.3?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, June 20, 2009, 05:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I know that runs under it's own exe rather then bzone.exe, but can it be installed under 1.3 or will that not work because of changes to 1.3?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

VSMIT

RD patched it up for PB3, but I don't know how well it will work with TA5.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

also, FE does not run on it's own EXE, that EXE is just a launcher, like MM5

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

Is anybody going to write a tutorial on making a similar EXE, or shall we just use MM5?

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on June 21, 2009, 11:13:30 AM
Is anybody going to write a tutorial on making a similar EXE, or shall we just use MM5?

1.3ta5 should no longer need MM5.

Make a shortcut to BZ2, then change its properties like so:
"C:\pro\bz2\bzone.exe" /config modconfig.cfg

MM5 has a command that suggests it does this but it does nothing. The best you can do in MM5 is swap the bzone.cfg and the alternate one.

You do not need to do any other file operations because it is now easy to ignore autoregs and such by not using the maps13 folder. IIRC you can even override DLLs if done correctly via an addon like system and since map data is mostly in the PAK, the BZN and INF changes to stock maps you would have to make could be made and put in an alternate maps folder your mod uses. Your mod would use your new BZN that either points to new DLLs or uses overridden ones (if that is possible) and uses the large terrain data in the pak.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I keep forgetting I can use that even though I have a shortcut on my desktop... :lol: