• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Warzone Hills for 1.3

Started by ScarleTomato, June 11, 2009, 02:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

http://stu.cbu.edu/~myarbrou/daywzhill.zip

made for 1.3ta5

mainly i just wanted to practice texturing. Turned out well enough i think. :-)

Axeminister

My god. That map is great. We played for over 3 hours when I finally quit to eat something. They come from all sides, there's 24 pools. They hit the pools over and over, then your base. Enemy never sits for very long. I needed more than just Windy and I. Attacking their base is whacked out with statues on the mountains and one in their base. Very cool.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

Went to join and it was passworded...   :|
What box???

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

ooo... will DL when i get the chance

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

it was good to look at but the view distance made things a bit.. annoying. ranges of weapons and things looked too short etc, and my FPS was around 40 for a machine thats usually in the 300's.

Draw the view distance back to something reasonable and the fog distance as well. say...650/750?

Wraith

Is this extracted to root folder :?
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Red Devil

Needs more D and more pools.
What box???

TheJamsh

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Axeminister

We did good last night, was at their door with a super huge army at about one hour. But I had experimented with making the unit limit at zero (infinite) and around 110-120 units our fps was getting real bad, then around 135 units we just froze up and didn't get to attack their base. Maybe third time is a a charm. :-)
There is no knowledge that is not power.

ScarleTomato

135 units? dang! That probably would have killed me already. I've actually had problems before with setting the unit limit at zero. My comp usually freezes up about 30-40 minutes in. So i usually just set it to 100.

@TheJamsh I'm pretty sure visibilityrange is no more than 800 as my computers have never been able to go higher without skimping on some of the terrain tiles. I played with ranges anywhere from 400-800 but finally ended up near the higher end which, yeah now that you mention it that probably would start maxing out some old PCs. I do like being able to see the megas before they can shoot you though :-P and it makes flying around much prettier IMO

That and I can watch steeveeo nukes detonate from a good distance :-P

TheJamsh

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Red Devil on June 11, 2009, 07:56:14 PM
Went to join and it was passworded...   :|

Ditto.

Nice map though.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

Since TA5, I can set visibilityRange to 1500 with no FPS drop on this map.

My BZ2 mods: