• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MRVP

Started by xSSx Grizzly, June 13, 2009, 11:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSSx Grizzly

Where do I install it and extract too?

TheJamsh

Extract to root directory. currently i believe it only works with PB4a, as TA5 isnt tested.

I do know however that nielk1 is working on it behind the scenes (amongst all the other projects hes got).

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Well, it's not ready for ta5 yet, working on that now, so...

Lets see, it's been a while.
mrvp1_0.zip has the folder addon in it, so you would extract it inside your BZ2 folder. Though as I said this version is not for 1.3ta5 but for 1.3pb4a. Though, it should work in TA5 there are several fixes in TA5 from issues exposed by MRVP and others and as such rude hacks are used in MRVP 1.0 and some issues exist with the Recs themselves of my own errors.

MRVP 2.0 looks like it will be ready soon, I just need to get each Rec play tested for balance and one Rec still needs to be finished.

If you want to use MRVP 1.0, just extract it into the "Battlezone II" folder and let it overwrite addons. I will have to remember to make the installer for 2.0 detect and remove 1.0 if people use 1.0 on TA5.

If you are just putting it in PB4a, no worries.

Click on the image...

xSSx Grizzly

Works now just like to say it's brilliant!
No heavy sabres though but everything else makes up for that  :-D
Can't wait for 2.0

Nielk1

Being about slightly changing stock, none of the recs currently have such cool features as the heavy Sabre and such. Amalgamation recs might be made at some point that include some of the GH and Commando Rec features, but it is more likely a rec with my namesake will do what is wanted (NRV).

Click on the image...

Scav-Avenger

Quote from: Nielk1 on June 13, 2009, 12:20:45 PM
Well, it's not ready for ta5 yet, working on that now, so...

Lets see, it's been a while.
mrvp1_0.zip has the folder addon in it, so you would extract it inside your BZ2 folder. Though as I said this version is not for 1.3ta5 but for 1.3pb4a. Though, it should work in TA5 there are several fixes in TA5 from issues exposed by MRVP and others and as such rude hacks are used in MRVP 1.0 and some issues exist with the Recs themselves of my own errors.

MRVP 2.0 looks like it will be ready soon, I just need to get each Rec play tested for balance and one Rec still needs to be finished.

If you want to use MRVP 1.0, just extract it into the "Battlezone II" folder and let it overwrite addons. I will have to remember to make the installer for 2.0 detect and remove 1.0 if people use 1.0 on TA5.

If you are just putting it in PB4a, no worries.

I hope you fixed the only 1 service bay bug for the merger recycler. It must be fixed as the absence of some weapons makes it annoying eg: no gauss and plasma at same time.

New bug: Service pylons do not heal/reammo pilots.

You also made the scrap drill considered as a building so isdf can build base structures next to  scrap drills. Don't know if that was intentional.
Avatars make my profile look fat...

Nielk1

Quote from: Scav-Avenger on August 02, 2009, 12:48:45 AM
New bug: Service pylons do not heal/reammo pilots.

That one might have still slipped though.

Click on the image...

Scav-Avenger

Quote from: Nielk1 on August 02, 2009, 02:28:40 AM
That one might have still slipped though.

Guess MRVP 3.0? or MRVP 2.1?

Nielk1

2.0 never did make it out. :roll:

Click on the image...

Scav-Avenger

Quote from: Nielk1 on August 02, 2009, 02:50:02 AM
2.0 never did make it out. :roll:

Meaning fix in 2.0. Sounds good to me.