• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ISDF Concepts

Started by General_Hoohah, June 15, 2009, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Hoohah

You're free to play around with it Avatar, I just need Manson to help me get rid of these worms and I'll be good to go. :D
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Commando

If a weapon is needed, you could always give it a single shot booster to give it the speed needed to do some damage.  Using DamageScale will unfortunately make it a human-only vehicle since the ai won't know to crash into its target.

Commando

General_Hooah, did you realize you have access to the latest beta patches?

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General_Hoohah

I want the GT to be human only... it would unbalance the game if all your sabres were lightning fast... but I think its fine to have a few and thats it.

hybirdisdf

Why cant we carry heavy chaingun and deploy on ground.It can be retract and carry with u anywhere u want to go and deploy it.

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 15, 2009, 07:52:22 PM
You're free to play around with it Avatar, I just need Manson to help me get rid of these worms and I'll be good to go. :D

GBD is the weapons/effects guy, although he tends to get carried away to the point where my rig can't handle the effects...  :)

-Av-

Clavin12

GBD? can u point me to him, id like to make as many ties as possible before I start to try my mod. Also, how much time does each of you spend on the computer each day/night?
C l a v i n 1 2

cheesepuffly

What program did you use just wondering.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

General_Hoohah

WINGS 3D is a free modeler anyone can use. Its also simple to master. It doesn't have confusing menu and option trays like you're used to. Its a very simply layed out program for anyone who likes that kind of thing, like me.

http://www.wings3d.com/

OvermindDL1

I also like Wings3D because it uses one of my favorite programming styles in a language built for it, Erlang.  :)
Wings3D is *the* proof of concept that the Actor programming model works just as well for desktop apps as it does for massive giant multi-server programs.  :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

cheesepuffly

And this will work with bz2 i assume? After a bit of fidgeting of couse.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

General_Hoohah

It can export in a various number of formats. None of them compatible with BZ2, but they are compatible with other modeling programs that CAN save in formats compatible with BZ2. You just need access to that program or know someone who does. I think... bender... or blender... or what ever you call it can save in the format compatible with BZ2... I'm not sure. But I did request that the Wings Development Team add the specific format and version of that format that's compatible with BZ2, do their list of things to add.... and they added it to the official list! If anyone knows any programmers who want to help the BZ2 modding community... I'm sure the the Wings 3D team wouldn't turn down some help, even if its for that one little thing. With any luck... Wings 3D could be the next modeling program used by the BZ2 modding community.

Anywho, Avatar, if you wanna mess around with the Arch Angel, PM me your email and I'll send it to you and anything else you want.

And I'm working on something else now... take a gander at what I have so far. :D

VSMIT

I'm sure Wings can export to 3DS, so export to that and almost any other program can open it.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.