• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Enough aliens already...

Started by General_Hoohah, June 16, 2009, 08:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Gladiator

uh huh. the ppl are looking at haleys comet and they find the spaceship and find all the dead people in it except for 3 ppl in cases who eat others lifeforce and then the people become zombies and all that
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Nielk1

Quote from: King Gladiator on June 26, 2009, 10:20:27 PM
uh huh. the ppl are looking at haleys comet and they find the spaceship and find all the dead people in it except for 3 ppl in cases who eat others lifeforce and then the people become zombies and all that

Yep that's it.

Click on the image...

hybirdisdf

Quote from: Nielk1 link=topic=9477.msg145843#msg145843 date=1246077120
/quote]

I do know what name of that movie.Its a lifeforce.Its bit bizzare and weird.

Axeminister

I have that movie. Some good stuff. Also some bad acting on the part of the detectives, but otherwise a good concept and storyline.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

DarkFox

I have that movie, And Mathilda May is something rather special in it...

That 'taking your enemy and using them against themselves' bit has been done quite a bit...  Replicators, Borg, the reddish enemy in Homeworld 2, the Flood, and I'm sure there's more as I'm very tired and can't think...   

-Av-

hybirdisdf

Quote from: Avatar on July 01, 2009, 08:04:50 PM
the reddish enemy in Homeworld 2, the Flood, and I'm sure there's more as I'm very tired and can't think...   

-Av-

I do remember hw 2 game.Are they still popular play online yet?

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Wraith

Quote from: Avatar on July 01, 2009, 08:04:50 PM
That 'taking your enemy and using them against themselves' bit has been done quite a bit...  Replicators, Borg, the reddish enemy in Homeworld 2, the Flood, and I'm sure there's more as I'm very tired and can't think...   

-Av-

They were called the Vagr spelling is close but that was them.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

King Gladiator

how about this? a organism that is made or biometal or a bio metal based lifeform that acts like a ant or bee colony. The recycler would be the queen and like an ant colony creates ants with different roles, drones, soldiers, the queen can create organisms with different roles. It would also account for the biometal left behind when they die since they are made of it and you could use the false hovering that the constructors do to make it appear that they all have legs. hmm...i just realized that this is really similar to Aliens from the movies and games.
Maybe an enemy similar to the Zerg from Starcraft
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

VSMIT

You know what this sounds like?  BZ1 furies.  Or Cerberi.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

DraconX3

Yuh that sounds kinda like the swarm from Fleshstorm >.>...... However, I think it would be neat to have an enemy something like the Beast from Homeworld:Cataclysm.  The beast isnt a race, it isnt a empire, it isnt even technically sentient.  ITs a virus, a biological mass that can infect and take over virtually any flesh or metal construct.  Once its on something, it completly encompases it, and takes over, in the homeworld game, usually makeing it much tougher, though slower by comparison to the origonal unit, and after "devouring" that infected unit, the primary "hive" could then build that same unit again on its own then.  I think that would be an awesome enemy in BZ2, haveing the largest of its units able to fire a infection beam of some sort, much like in the homeworld game.  Course, im shure it would be difficult, but still, seems like a neat idea if nothing else. Prolly would be hard to do....at least the infection beam.      Most insidious thing would be to make them completly mobile, with no fixed base haha.    But defenatly not something that could just roll into an enemys base and destroy it.  Thats my idea at least.

Warfreak

I've had an idea like such. IF I remember correctly, simply having a unit under your control allows you to draw on it's provides.
The provide can then trigger the production of the new "strain" and so long as one exists with the provide, the plans cannot be lost. (Which is obviously the flaw)

Could "upgrade" the factory structure to then provide the provides, yet require that you have a certain amount of the units under your control. (Ex: Upgrades to have the provides of ALL scion hoverunits, yet you only NEED the warrior, sentry and scout.)

BNG Da BZ Fool

How about a completely invisible alien race? Then making the models for the mod would greatly be simplified as only hp's and other required BZII controlled parts would be needed to make the race complete. LOL, sorry too much caffeine not enough sleep....

Actually, I was was thinking of making a commemorative World War II mod complete with era specific models mostly tracked and simulated wheeled units. Hovercraft, would be limited to specialized units like watercraft, amphibious, etc. Any extra models graciously accepted to fill in any gaps from other interested modelers. I may also attempt some other variants as seen from ally perspectives. BNG, bites off a hunk and tries to keep from choking on the mere thought of such an endeavor.

My father fought in that nasty affair and pasted away in 2005. I know a lot of other peeps also had relatives that shared the same experience. I'd like to honor their service by making a special mod to help us all remember the horror's of a world at war. And come to appreciate the freedoms that we all seem take for granted nowadays to do things like make video games to play against imaginary alien races to save the universe from races like BNG Raider's; another mod I have floating around in my microscopically little brainiac. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.