• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Enough aliens already...

Started by General_Hoohah, June 16, 2009, 08:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Hoohah

I don't understand why everyone always wants to make alien mods? I mean no offence, but the whole alien thing has gotten a little dry in my opinion. Why doesn't anyone make a mod that deals with earth factions and politics, with a deeper story line. Warring nations like North Korea could start a war with the US and its allies and brings it into space against the ISDF, Russia decides to go back to their old tricks again, or maybe members of the ISDF disagree with the way the ISDF on something and decide to break off and form their own faction of the ISDF.

Stories like that are always a lot more intriguing than the same old alien bad guys coming to get us routine. Avatar is doing some great work, but sometimes I think other modders are running out of ideas... like using a tug as a new ship or just going back to the whole alien thing. Tell me I'm wrong, agree with me, as long as this sparks some conversation. :)
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

cheesepuffly

My mod will have humans disguised as aliens XD.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

General_Hoohah

LOL! Do you get to play as Scooby Do?

Vid

People are more easily offended by political things than an alien race bent on destroying us.

For some reason not many people have problems or issues with fighting against an enemy about to destroy us, but if you make a game with political issues and include countries on this planet... you're bound to get a few people upset.

General_Hoohah

Tell them to get over themself. Its just a game. :roll:

Besides, if someone has nothing better to do than get upset over a video game, then they need to go get a life. Really... someone like that is just looking for trouble. It doesn't matter if its you or someone else, as long as they can troll around for a fight. Just ignore people like that.

I'm a mature person, and I can laugh at my self and my own country. I know my country is full of tools, right wing nut jobs, assholes, and corrupt politicians. I know we like to stick our nose where it doesn't belong sometimes. I can laugh at comedians who make fun of America and understand why a game would make America the bad guy. To be honest, I hate most americans. I think they're mostly a bunch of stuck up pricks and tool sheds. Nearly all of the nice people I meet (who aren't freaks) are from other countries, I don't even find out until they say where they're from.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 16, 2009, 09:00:01 AM
LOL! Do you get to play as Scooby Do?

You are the humans disguised as aliens.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Vid

I do,  not a believer much in politics or caring about it.

Was merely saying what I assume is the reason companies won't put those things in video games as often as they could.  Just guessed mod makers also were the same way and following the companies.

BZ1 seemed to have a much better story than BZ2.  BZ2's story seemed to dull after Snow Blind or so for me for some reason.

General_Hoohah

Thats because the game really makes you feel like the hero, and the game has a darker more desolate feeling. You feel like you're out there in space, alone, no one to help you and the russians are comming for you. Thats what made it a great game.

There was also a sense of revenge. You saw the the russians did and you want to take the fight back to them. In BZ2.... you're told to chase enemies you don't even know anything about, and it turns out they're the good guys. Laaame.

The beginning of a good war story gives you an enemy you can HATE. It makes you want to play, and gives you an enemy you want to fight.

To be honest, if someone does make a mod with aliens. I want them to be a horrible dispicable, horrifying enemy, responsible for wiping out other alien races just for fun. An alien race made up of murderers and theives with no honor, who torture their victims, rip their bodies apart, and decorate their tanks with the blood, bodies, and skulls of your own men. Maybe even include how distraught your own men are after seeing an enemy tank driving around with one of your men chained to it, screaming.

NOW THAT'S AN ENEMY.

Warfreak

That be Lizard's Swarm my friend.

Only creatures brought into the BZUniverse which destroy worlds for sustainance.
Vast numbers able to be formed from the decayed carcasses of their enemies, ever evolving and ever hungry.

Only reason we get throw into the mix is because they strike one of our outpost planets.
(and according to the Fleshstorm Mod, they kill planets with relative quickness. It was once Earth-like and is a dead Dustbowl when you get there)

General_Hoohah

Eh... I didn't care for flesh much. I'd like to see industrial enemies with biometal machines like we have. Also those little spider things get into everything and the AI doesn't kill them, and its nearly a full time job cleaning them up, which takes a lot away from enjoying the game. The last time I played it a year ago, no one finished it.

I'd love to see an enemy with non-sleak fearsome looking tanks decorated with bodies, blood, skulls, and chains, made of biometal and driven by aliens. The kind with two legs and two arms, but large and muscular with a large boney jaw, jagged teeth, and cold black eyes, who carry LARGE heavy plasma guns. Tough pilots who would rather die than retreat after loosing a vehicle. They'd attack with their plasma guns and reak havoc.

I've actually had some really good ideas for mods, genuine good ideas after playing games for 20 years. But no one ever takes me seriously enough to listen to my ideas. :(

Nielk1

Yo do realize that of the released and 100% WILL BE RELEASED mods (BZC, if it DIES someone else will do it) there are already more human races than alien. Scions are humans anyway.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

I might have something for ya :P

Serenesis' storyline divides humanity up into smaller groups. Separatist groups formed by travelling convicts and just general naughty greedy buggers break away during the colonisation acts. A considerable amount of the storyline is spent fighting against some of these (but its not just AAN kicking ass, its a little more twisty than that, but i dont wanna say to much).

Nevertheless, 'Aliens' are still the main threat. Just whatever you do... don't let them catch you saying they are easy... wouldnt want to cross any of them...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General_Hoohah

TheJamsh, I sent you a PM. :D

I think I can help you. I thought you wanted me to design the typical alien ship that looks all modern and wierd. I'm not good at that kinda thing. I can help you with what you want, especially if you want some new ISDF ships. :D

AHadley

I too have plans for a) a terrifying race similiar to that which you described, and b) a rift in the ISDF. The new race are incredibly destructive and are actually feeding off the Cerberi as much as the Cerberi are feeding from them, and as for the ISDF... thats secret for now :P

Clavin12

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 16, 2009, 10:04:10 AM
To be honest, if someone does make a mod with aliens. I want them to be a horrible dispicable, horrifying enemy, responsible for wiping out other alien races just for fun. An alien race made up of murderers and theives with no honor, who torture their victims, rip their bodies apart, and decorate their tanks with the blood, bodies, and skulls of your own men. Maybe even include how distraught your own men are after seeing an enemy tank driving around with one of your men chained to it, screaming.

NOW THAT'S AN ENEMY.

Cerberi?
C l a v i n 1 2