• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Computer boffins. I need you.

Started by TheJamsh, June 18, 2009, 05:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Backup your vital data, grab hardware drivers, format and reinstall Vista.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Zero Angel

Deal with it until Windows 7? You're over half way there. Maybe it will have better compatibility with your stuff than Vista.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

yeh possibly.

Ill hang on for now... i wont need to use it regularly until next year and then ill probably end up with pro-tools and a 003 rack + factory anyway.

How long until W7 does hit shelves anyway? I was thinking about grabbing one of the public betas if they are still around...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Zero Angel

November, or maybe even October from what i've read.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Wraith

TheJamsh do a clean boot of vista (also with only what you need running) and post a hijackthis log.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

OvermindDL1

I know this is old, but I have been busy.

The reason some old things may complain about XP/Vista/Win7 being NT is because:
Windows 2000 == NT5
Windows XP == NT5.1
Windows Vista == NT6
Windows 7 == NT7 (Hmm, wonder why they call it Windows 7...)

The old Windows 9x line is dead, it had far too many issues, NT was always more stable and faster.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

I managed to get this to work BTW, strangely enough by installing the vista service pack. The pack must have included some missing .dll's or something.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.