• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Roughdraft Submission - FE Sequel

Started by General_Hoohah, June 23, 2009, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

I meant the war criminals :P

Lieutenant Mitchell sounds good to me, at least it doesn't begin with C. What's his first name?

Mr X

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 25, 2009, 01:26:18 PM
I love your ideas Mr X, but here's the thing. This race of war criminals I'm designing takes some explaining and I think I've left some things out. You see, they fight more like packs of animals, which makes them more dangerous but at the same time makes them incapable of certain types of warfare. They're very animalistic. They don't really use stratagies. In a way they're masters of tactics because they don't use any, they just jump out and viciously beat the crap out of you. LOL

Yeah, they've figured out how to use the biometal technology of their ancestors... but thats about it. They don't know how to improve it or customize it. They just use everything in standard spec. So they wouldn't really be able to figure out how to make a bioligical warhead... just doesn't fit with their MO. Sorry if it feels like I'm shooting people down.

I am very interested in what else you can come up with next though! You're very creative!

This enemy wants to wipe out every living thing in existance, for fun, sport, and the enjoyment of making other's suffer. They murder children if they find any, love to torture, and love to smear blood all over themselves and their tanks. If thats not evil, I don't know what evil is.

Maybe we should go down another route then, the war criminals could have been trying to breed super soldiers in a genetics program (using stolen Promethean equipment, far more advanced than their own) that went wrong. They enhanced the strength of the test subjects and removed most of their capacity for higher thought to make them incapable of insubordination.

But removing part of the brain had an unforseen effect, the warriors they bred reverted to animal instincts. They overthrew their civilisation as the tech used to make them was too advanced for others to stop. In war they acted like animals, hunting in packs and not killing their prey but instead eating it while it still lived.

When a routine Promethean patrol 100 years later saw that the planet was abandoned they made planetfall to investigate. They discovered what happened but could not get back to their ship fast enough and were overrun. Thus giving the war criminals advanced space travel.

And as for a name, how about the Hzarzk.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

There's a nice bit of backstory for you, seems to mold perfectly into what we've already got. And I like the name too.

Is there some way to randomise the model used for something? say...

geometryName = ivtankaoo.xsi
geometryname = ivtankb00.xsi
geometryName = ivtankc00.xsi

Might be useful for the Hzarzk if it was possible because then they can have maybe five different models for their tanks, which would make them look patched together and less organised.

General_Hoohah

Well here's what I have so far for that race. I'll read your post again when I've had some sleep.

- Race of scientists commit horrible genetic experiments on their own babies to create ultimate super soldiers to fight for them.
- Super soldiers deemed successful and are mass produced
- Super soldiers breed, and their children grow insane with a deep blood lust, somewhat reverting back to their animal instincts, develop pherimones, and begin to mutate into horrible monsters
- Scientists and super soldiers overwhelmed and slaughered
- Mutated super soldiers steal all the advanced tech from that planet and make war with any intelligent life they can find
- Mutated super soldiers, now war criminals, begin to spread like wild fire wiping out every world they can find.
- Prometheans make peaceful contact, but are attacked
- War criminals steal biometal tech, and make their own crude changes to it.
- War criminals continue to mutate and grow more insane, developing more of a blood lust.
- They find the Promethean's home world and learn of the gate to other worlds. They want to spread to those worlds so they can kill more people so they slaughter the Prometheans in search of the gate parts.
- ISDF contract diseases from mutant war criminals
- The ISDF enters the story and become a nuesance, but are also nearly wiped out between disease and military defeat
- ISDF trick the war criminals into getting all the peices and opening the gate right into a military strong hold who wipe them out.
- ISDF are given the antidote and informed that the war criminals are headed for earth for revenge
- ISDF allies themself with the new alian aliance and return to earth to recruit new men and women, fortify the earth's solar system, and tell the EDF and the AAN to go to hell.
- ISDF mainly leave the solar system with their forces and make war on the race of war criminals

And of course while all this is going on the ISDF slowly become more and more powerful, picking up new biometal tech as they go along. And this version of the story is mainly from the perception of the enemy, not the ISDF.... even though the idea is to play as the ISDF. I'm just concentrating on the race of war criminals to figure out the backstory right now.

By the way, what is a Hzarzk?

And good idea about the tanks AHadley! I like that idea! I also have some really good basic ideas for the tanks. Really nasty looking things. The kind of tank that looks like it was meant for mass murder.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

VSMIT

Quote from: AHadley on June 26, 2009, 12:47:50 AM
Is there some way to randomise the model used for something? say...

geometryName = ivtankaoo.xsi
geometryname = ivtankb00.xsi
geometryName = ivtankc00.xsi

Might be useful for the Hzarzk if it was possible because then they can have maybe five different models for their tanks, which would make them look patched together and less organised.
I seriously doubt it.  Check the TA5 changelog for confirmation, though.  If you wanted him to have different models, just specify different models for different missions.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

cheesepuffly

Or better yet, how about the whole universe explodes!
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Feared_1

Quote from: cheesepuffly on June 26, 2009, 09:54:55 AM
Or better yet, how about the whole universe explodes!

If you don't want to take this project seriously then you don't have to post here.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Clavin12

Very well then force. But this is a bunny trail, so what does it matter?
C l a v i n 1 2

General_Hoohah

You guys are really off topic. If you're not going to contribute to my thread, please post elsewhere.

So far, I've got the good guys (ISDF), the hero Lieutenant Mitchell, the extinct bad guys who created the bad guys (unamed race), the bad guys (Unnamed war criminal race), a nearly extinct race (Prometheans) who started the war by accident, a plague that nearly wipes out the ISDF forces, and an allied league of alien races you meet towards the end.

To me, the story sounds busy enough. I don't think it needs anymore action or drama. What it needs more now is details. The names of the races, scientific explanations of how the race of war criminals was created, ideas for new ISDF forces, more backround about the alien races, names for the allied alien races... and a whole lot of other stuff.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Nielk1

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 26, 2009, 01:37:25 AM
Well here's what I have so far for that race. I'll read your post again when I've had some sleep.

Are we talking a game's enemy race here or Scifi B-Movie bad guys?

Click on the image...