• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Michael Jackson dead at 50

Started by Steeveeo, June 25, 2009, 06:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31552029/ns/entertainment-music/?GT1=43001

What once was a great pop star, then a freakish figure in his declining years, is now dead at the age of 50.

QuoteThe circumstances of his death were not immediately clear. Jackson was not breathing when Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to a call at his Los Angeles home about 12:30 p.m., Capt. Steve Ruda told the Los Angeles Times. The paramedics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Center, Ruda told the newspaper.

QuoteJackson's death brought a tragic end to a long, bizarre, sometimes farcical decline from his peak in the 1980s, when he was popular music's premier all-around performer, a uniter of black and white music who shattered the race barrier on MTV, dominated the charts and dazzled even more on stage.

We all know him, and almost all of us has mocked him at least once because of his outlandish fall.

QuoteIn New York's Times Square, a low groan went up in the crowd when a screen flashed that Jackson had died, and people began relaying the news to friends by cell phone.

This sounds like another sudden celebrity death, but honestly, I am not really all that shocked.

Thoughts?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

VSMIT

With apologies to any MJ fans:

FINALLY!
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Devil

What box???

VSMIT

Nobody splashed him with water.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Sad but...

Wasn't he already a ghost?

And besides, now he can really do a zombie dance.

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

GSH

In the Lord of the Rings series, nobody hates gollum. You see what he once was -- normal. You just hope that gollum will turn back from being a freak before he dies.

-- GSH

technoid

No word yet on the cause of supposed cardiac arrest as it's still too early. I have one of his first solo albums "Ben" (1972), from the J5 era of course, way before he started turning Caucasoidal.   

RIP M.J. ... and F.F. too.

Nielk1

I wonder what it really was. Who thinks it could have been stress?

Click on the image...

General_Hoohah

I wasn't really a fan, but I'm 30 and you don't forget a figure like that. I still remember when that famous video Thriller came out in the early 80's! I was only 3 years old but I remember it. I also remember that Walk like an Egyption video by the Bangles lol. I liked both of those. He had a hard life... a REALLY hard life, growing up especially... which really screwed him up. I don't really blame him, but I think he should have gotten help a lot sooner. Anyway, I can't believe he's dead. He was only 51 or 52 or so! Thats young!

Did you guys know that Farrah Fawcett died at 62 from cancer today too?
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Feared_1

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 25, 2009, 11:37:53 PMDid you guys know that Farrah Fawcett died at 62 from cancer today too?

Yeah 3 "biggies" died this week.

Who's next??

TheJamsh

I was shocked. For all his strangeness its still sad for the sake of his family.

Cant believe it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

GSH

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.