• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Concept Models from Clavin12 and anyone else who wants to post any.

Started by Clavin12, June 26, 2009, 07:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

Post any models you want to share with the community.

To start it off I will post my most recent model.

C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

BNG Da BZ Fool

These are just a few that were made with either Gamespace or Truespace. None have any animation, I believe all have tested okay in game. Some are untextured some have a basic camo texture. I've got so many now that many are just sitting idle on my system waiting for some place to live, i.e., a map or mod if you know what I mean? I've been working on some air units too for some custom dm maps, but those are not shown here. Ones an X wing and the others are more traditional looking jet fighters.

I seem to have a fetish for aircraft class and water vessel types for which BZII doesn't seem well suited for, but I guess with some odf trickery can be adapted to work somewhat. BTW, Nice unit C12 looks like a mean assault type unit with the right weapons layout. BNG.

A few of these air units were designed for some custom air dm maps.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Clavin12

I especially like these two. Are those supposed to be mobile gun towers?

C l a v i n 1 2

BNG Da BZ Fool

The tall one is an assault tank stretched a bit and the other is an aircraft type similar to the AT-10 Wart Hog tank killer. The funny looking cylinderical units are assualt/rocket based units; they all look quite comical on the battlefield as most of the weapons are housed internally and can't be seen from the outside. They remind me of giant wheels with attitudes. Making all of them was fairly simple to do, but adapting them with existing BZII units took quite some thought.

What I'd really like to make are some navel units like aircraft carriers, misslie cruiser, and lighter assault ships equipped with torpedos and/or artillery based weapons; more or less long range stuff. I figure hover based odf's to be be most likely candidates for use with such units.

PS: I found that making wheels instead of traditional tank treads to be quite easy to make. I kind of prefer them ever since I laided eyes on the Hedaen Heddoux; a quite quite intimidating advesary especially trying to get around them in games. Air units have a hell of a time taking them out with twin guns and a nasty ole cannon to boot. I found the ivrkt.odf more flexible then the ivatank.odf as you can substitute weapons with a twin cannon, rocket, or gun layout; you can even add a mortar weapon if you like. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

That power generator spin off is the Rotary Core/Chemical Reactor for the AAN that replaces the pgen in Serenesis. Liking it :D

That antenna model is frikkin sweet as well...

The Gladius :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Beautiful looking vehicle, the Gladius... less useful than flashy though.

Nielk1

I got lightingtype=1 working correctly with the curb objects and the ground terrain so it looks PERFECT in game. That will be the city base in aRc mod.

Also, the 'antenna' is a wind power genny. The thing on top spins. It was one of a few concepts.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

That reminds me. I had an idea for a power gen that would use sound to generate power. It would have "drums" that would take up the kinetic energy of sound and turn it into electricity using electro magnetic technology (which already exists). Now I just have to model it...
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Using pressure waves for power? I think wind would be better. Such a system could also make wind power too I guess. I could set up a DLL that makes more power when more 'noisy' things are near it.

Click on the image...

Feared_1

There's no wind in space, unless we're talking about solar wind. For that you might as well use solar panels, and those look pretty stupid.

Nielk1

There is wind on planets. BZ1 has Solar, Wind, or Lightning Pgens depending.

Click on the image...