• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

CP ideas from Axeminister and Windy

Started by Axeminister, July 01, 2009, 10:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Medium sized MPI's FTW! Though huge MPIs with fortresses and statues are nice, sometimes its also good to play a normal game vs a difficult AIP.

Quote from: Mr X on July 15, 2009, 03:46:43 PM
Of course, that would cause a paradox if biometal had been used to stop biometal from existing. :P
Not if by going back in time and changing it, you instead created a split universe where biometal still existed in your universe, but not in one you changed. In effect there would be no paradox.  :-)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

I love MPI's. it would be great if we could boost the limit on players but i don't think its possible without excessive re-programming.

I would think that any race that appears in the SP storyline would almost certainly become a fully AIP-supported playable race. I'm more than happy to do the AIP's, as its a learning experience for me as well, but depending on how many races we decide on, i would probably do them in the way Red Devil has for G66 2.0, as his generic AIP idea basically cuts the work in half.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Spot

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 16, 2009, 04:50:48 AM
but depending on how many races we decide on, i would probably do them in the way Red Devil has for G66 2.0, as his generic AIP idea basically cuts the work in half.

Get the scrapboost out of the AIPs (incase you'd do the same as the stock AIPs) and get a new scrap'slider' in the shell, that way you only need 1 AIP per race and still have pretty much the same as now has been done with 5 AIPs.

Like:
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Warfreak

The way RD has the G66 AIPs is that they work upon Generalized provide names and NOT by unit race names.

IOW: you can technically throw in a new race into G66, just give each unit the generalized provides and the AI WILL work. ABSOLUTELY NO EXTRA AIPS NEED TO BE MADE (unless your race uses a wierd build style).

bb1

TheJamsh

you're shell above will need .dll to work fully though Red Spot.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

In 2.0, each added race just needs its own set of 12 AIP's (01234ACELSXY), so it would work against any other race as long as its buildings/units have the generic provideName added.  DLL tweak needed, tho.

I agree with RS.  I almost added 2 more sets of AIPs to 2.0 to boost scrap when I realized Natty had already done that - very nicely - in the DLL according to difficulty level.
What box???

Red Spot

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 19, 2009, 09:56:34 AM
you're shell above will need .dll to work fully though Red Spot.

Correct, but I assumed this would need a custom dll anyway, so why not add a bit more detailed scrapcheat so you can save work on AIPs. Making the change in the dll is a matter of a few minutes, AIPs about 10 times that, if you make it in that time :)

About making AIPs use provide names, I've also thought about that but personally dropped it as I was afraid I would end up having a scion team fight like the ISDF and vice versa ...
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Nielk1

Yep Yep Yep... DLL fun...

Even funner making it work well with all the existing stuff added into the 1.3s .

Click on the image...