• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Co-Op Campaign?

Started by TheJamsh, July 02, 2009, 05:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in a co-op campaign option?

Definitely!
14 (56%)
Yes, but only on some missions.
4 (16%)
I'm not sure yet.
0 (0%)
No, it's too much effort.
3 (12%)
No, I'm just not interested.
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

cheesepuffly

Just make it have the missions as maps in MP. That would probably be the easiest.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

VSMIT

You didn't read the thread, did you, Cheesepuffly?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

cheesepuffly

Yeah im reading it. But instead of making a brand new system, cause you would need to  make it a separate mode am i rite?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

TheJamsh

If you want to make multiplayer missions, its freakin EASY to make them work in single player. Hell i doub't you'd even need to change the .dll, depending.

This would essentially be like playing an MPI, just with slightly different objectives. Probably still a 5-player maximum capacity.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

As has been said before, the DLL would be much more complicated, because it would have to keep track of the whereabouts and doings of ALL of the players, not just one.  It would also have to keep track of whether a player leaves or joins.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

i know that, but im saying that porting a multiplayer .dll to singleplayer would be EZZZEEEEE

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Warfreak

Actually.... NO!!!

If it's "SO EZZEEE", why isn't there an SP version of Bot DM?

The MP .DLL are coded FOR Multiplayer in all aspects. There is more stuff that would need REcoding from tracking 4+ Humans to just tracking 1 and would need SERIOUS toning down on certain aspects to do so. (This is my understanding, which may/may not be COMPLETELY WRONG)