• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Idea for a new mission type

Started by Mr X, July 03, 2009, 02:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Quote from: Scav-Avenger on July 05, 2009, 05:11:18 AM
How about mpi with 2 human recyclers with 2 human commanders against 1 insanely fortified enemy base.
(Human commanders seperated into team 1 and team 2 as of in USMC 4 Play team 1 and 2 co-op vs team 3 and 4)

EDIT: Might require new map. Very big map.
Sounds like a different version of a GH map.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Scav-Avenger

Yea something like it.

I also have an idea to make up for scion's lack of a training facility.
The scion armory will be able to lauch boxes that contain a single pilot (spawns a pilot when reaches ground). This enables the scion to lauch pilots to newly sniped ships at a distance for a small scrap cost (10 or 20 scrap). This will not overpower the scion as its the only way pilots are avaliable and can more or less make up for the constant supply of pilots in a small radius around the ISDF's training centre.

Could be added in the form of the same way a pilot ejects out of a vehicle perhaps without the upwards flying motion.
Avatars make my profile look fat...

VSMIT

Part of the reason there is no Scion training facility is because their numbers are too small for it to be used effectively.  This makes you think twice about leaving an empty ship in your base.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

And i doubt their small numbers would like to be launched 3-4 kilometres away inside a crate :)

Its actually surprisingly difficult to get non-powerup's to launch from an armoury succesfully. High-speed is a must, because otherwise most of youre objects will crash into cliff sides or get dragged accross the top of buildings. The Service and Speeder crates in my variant for example, and Steeveeo's nukes, have to be launched at high speed, or they will get sucked back down to the ground.

Haven't quite figured out why that is yet, something to do with collision meshes. Try placing an SRV missile launcher right in the corner closest to the enemy in hilo, majority of the time, the nuke WILL hit the terrain, and result in framerate munching base death.

Therefore, scion crate lifts are out of the question :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Spot

Quote from: Scav-Avenger on July 05, 2009, 05:11:18 AM
How about mpi with 2 human recyclers with 2 human commanders against 1 insanely fortified enemy base.
(Human commanders seperated into team 1 and team 2 as of in USMC 4 Play team 1 and 2 co-op vs team 3 and 4)

EDIT: Might require new map. Very big map.

In my todo list I've got a bit about setting up a shell-option to allow for that(though I'm not sure it would be all that great an option*), also thought about the same for the AI but I dropped it as it would mean you have 2 identical AI teams or it becomes too much work(Just thinking about AIPs).

Anyway, I would be glad to brainstorm a bit about the subject and see what and how it might/should work.

*It means you also need more dedicated players, seeing the mayority of MPI-games I've been in I doubt it would work very well if an option is included that means teamplay becomes more important. (Think about 1 commander snatching all pools, or 1 team receiving all AI-attacks and not getting any support from the other team, ......)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Warfreak

Wouldn't a Hmn + Hmn Team VS. AI actually require a different .dll?

1. AI would have to be able to pull out 2 different AIP sets at the same time and execute BOTH simultaneously.
2. The Defeat Conditions would have to be that BOTH bases are annihilated. (I.E. Both Recyclers and Factories.)
3. AI would have to have more specific and strategic AIPs in order to be able to effectively take on multiple bases and armies.
4. MAPS would need to be HUGE for this kind of play and have a generous amount of pools/scrap fields.
5. Consideration of how the thugs would be distributed would need to be taken aswell. Also remember that THE max amount of thugs per team IS 4 for MPI. In testing, we couldnt get more than 8 people ingame in a Strat game, that may have changed however.

6. We would need a C++ programmer willing to do all this.