• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Story submission for the project (rough)

Started by Mr X, July 04, 2009, 01:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

QuoteSay, perhaps tanks that are at least five times tougher than an ISDF Sabre and are the same size

Nah... they would have to be bigger.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Mr X

If people aren't happy with Gaians, wikipedia knows all!

"Metis (Μέτις) Goddess of wisdom and thought"

Metians, anyone?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

That does make more sense than Gaians, anyway.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Feared_1

According to the Greeks Athena is the goddess of wisdom...

Warfreak

I think it's safe to say that the Cthonians aren't exactly the basis for JUST Greek Culture.

The (unofficial) Uler broke that by being Cthonians who inspired the Egyptians.

Mr X

Quote from: Warfreak on July 10, 2009, 12:33:41 PM
I think it's safe to say that the Cthonians aren't exactly the basis for JUST Greek Culture.

Maybe, but I'm trying to be consistent with the other Cthonian factions. Not to mention that Cthonian itself came from greek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonic

Oh, and it turns out that Metis was the mother of Athena and they were both Goddesses of wisdom. I prefer Metis to Athena because Athena was an Olympian diety, so Metis fits better with the neutrality.
starting January 2010!

Nielk1

Quote from: Warfreak on July 10, 2009, 12:33:41 PM

The Uler were not Cthonians were they?

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

According to the mod, they were some form of Lizard creatures.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Mr X

I've had a thought, what if the bad guys of the story were not alien but in fact a part of Braddock's project pedigree that got out of hand. Realising he'd created beings capable only of destruction he imprisoned them beneath the surface of the dark planet before carrying on to create the scions. The "mining operations" noted on the dark planet in BZ2 were in fact Braddock's personal brigade burying them in their cells. The real reason for Braddock's posthumous missile strike was to finally rid the universe of them but he underestimated their ability to survive radiation. Instead they were freed from their prison and discovered various peices of tech that their creator had also been trying to hide, ready for when he would rule Earth. The most notable of which was a spacecraft capable of holding a large taskforce and several recyclers, it was empty but functional, but worst of all it had a device for replicating alien machinery. The "dark scions" (as they will be referred to until I have a better name) used this to leave the planet and they avoided detection whilst they built up a mesh of ISDF, Scion and Cthonian technology. They then learn of the world of the Metians, and set out to add this technology to their arsenal so that they could begin their war of conquest.

Just an idea. Anyone like it?
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

Sound like what i tried to do combining the scion rebels and the hadeans.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on July 15, 2009, 02:51:41 PM
Sound like what i tried to do combining the scion rebels and the hadeans.

How so? I don't see it myself.
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

You called back a faction of scions and combined scion and cthonian.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

They aren't a faction of the scions, they are a genetic experiment gone wrong that came before them, before Braddock had the idea of using biometal in his experiments (sorry, I forgot to mention this bit). And the only thing Cthonian about them is that they've taken some Cthonian technology, and lets face it, what sentient race in the BZ storyline hasn't done that to some degree?
starting January 2010!

AHadley

I think the Scion idea could be expanded to a whole new storyline.

bigbadbogie

Yeah.

Whatever we do with this mod, we must make sure that the Scions are a VERY big part of it.

I could easily create new awesome Scion units.

My BZ2 mods: