• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Story submission for the project (rough)

Started by Mr X, July 04, 2009, 01:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

Well so is time travel but he's using that too.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on July 22, 2009, 06:18:43 PM
Well so is time travel but he's using that too.

Not if you explain it and put in good technical limitations.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

Armadillo's cascading from waterfalls in the Sahara desert. lol. jk. I know what you mean.
C l a v i n 1 2

Axeminister

I think time travel explanations would be somewhat more believable as long as travel to the future is not possible. The whole "things that haven't happened yet" scenario would make future travel impossible. There would also have to be a recording somewhere in the universe of all that's transpired since the beginning of time, maybe a race could find a backdoor to this information, angering (the Gods, or a race that defends this backdoor) someone.
I'm at work so that's all I have for right now, but I do want to get with Mr. X and see if we can make some bulletin points for a final draft. 
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

By traveling to the future you would lock it into existence early. Possibly decide what it contains.

Click on the image...

Mr X

I know how we can make the bad guys confused! They are an alien race that found traces of Braddock's propaganda saying that the scions and the AAN are bad, and think that the scions want the Metian tech to use to become the dominant race in the galaxy, and because of the seemingly unexplained attacks on unarmed scientists both sides think that the other is irrationally violent and both set out to stop each other getting the tech.

I'm going on holiday on saturday so I'll be away for two weeks (How long will the voting last, am i going to miss it?)

So, basically this is my last chance to get everything sorted before the storyline is finalised.

I'll bullet point now everything thats important, if I've missed anything please tell me and, I cannot stress this enough :P, now.

(No name yet)

-Third, neutral, Cthonian faction called the Metians creates incredible technology. Including Time-Space portals. Hadeans find out about this technology and want it. The Metians are wiped out but warp their homeworld to a hidden location that can only be accessed by finding keys and using portals in a certain sequence giving the key to the Olympians so that neither of the two factions can access the tech.
-To destroy the Hadean armada that followed them the Metians ignite their world's atmosphere (they were peaceful and so didn't have gun emplacements etc.), killing everyone on both sides, automated machines then release plants that can survive the apocalyptic conditions to make the atmosphere breathable again for when it is found. Not all of the Hadeans were destroyed, some had not entered the atmosphere, but the radiation pulse disabled their ships and so without life support they perished anyway.
-Scions, much much later, discover the first key and portal and send a research team through, they lose contact and investigate, they were killed by an alien force(no name or backstory for these guys as yet, I can write this later) who discovered Braddock's propaganda and think that Scions and Humanity need to be purged from the universe. The aliens find the keys and portal and move ahead, from here on they are constantly in the lead as the scions sometimes have to fix causality(the aliens dont know that it is time travel and so just think they are killing a threat to the peace of the universe).
-The two factions finally resolve the confusion during an incident on the Metian homeworld. They make peace only to be confronted by an AI army, this is a surprise to them as the Metians had not been warlike, but the builder units that had been creating them for centuries had in fact originated from the attacking Hadean ships. The units had spent all this time searching for survivors as per their orders.
-The AI forces are too strong so the combined force of scions and aliens use the device for atmospheric igniting to defeat them, but there is no time to retreive tech before they have to escape, however, they do find a sizeable stash of time portal keys, including the master key for finding any portal.

I'm afraid thats all I really have time for...If I've missed anything can someone else just add it? The details of where they time travel to haven't been decided yet, this is just the basics.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Axeminister

This is good. Destroying all life on a planet makes it good to reuse as a battlezone.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

bb1

Quote from: VSMIT on July 22, 2009, 06:29:41 PM
Then do better.

Whatever happened to Avatar's giant floating-through-space biometal planetoid? That had plenty of implications, imagine that thing showing up on Earth's doorstep...

VSMIT

Quote from: bb1 on July 23, 2009, 11:50:37 PM
Whatever happened to Avatar's giant floating-through-space biometal planetoid? That had plenty of implications, imagine that thing showing up on Earth's doorstep...
Think the Dark Planet.  Or Core.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Mr X

I don't think the dark planet would work, as I seem to remember it being said that it pre-dated the Cthonians.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

Yes, but where did it say that Cthonians created biometal?

bigbadbogie

The Promethians created biometal - billions of years ago.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 24, 2009, 01:52:35 AM
The Promethians created biometal - billions of years ago.

Or the Great Ones.
Or another race.
Or both.

Remember, white Japan was heavily isolated from the rest of the world, they still made many of the same breakthroughs, all be it at a sum total slower speed because of sheer size limits vs THE REST OF THE WORLD. Doing this with civilizations that never meet each other can allow for them to create their own form of biometal. Somehow the Cthonians learned how (that volcano factory thing) after studying the Titan remains.

Click on the image...