• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Enhancement Pack News & Features

Started by TheJamsh, July 14, 2009, 01:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Im being asked question about release dates, features, ideas etc left right and centre since i posted the preview thread, so here is a thread to show the actual progress and feature list of the pack. I don't have problems listing features, but note that if something doesn't appear here, it WONT be in the released version.

Retracted ideas will also be shown so you know what to expect. DONT moan at me for withdrawn features. There is usually good reason behind it, and i will explain why in the retracted features section. Feel free to post here as normal, im still open to ideas so long as they are not too drastic. If theres something you really want to see... post it. You don't get unless you ask.

Current Feature List:
- TheJamsh's Recycler Variant.
Adds new units, new weapons, new ideas and a new dimension to Multiplayer and Instant Action gaming. A self-defending recycler and standard recycler are available options. You can re-deploy you're recycler anywhere on the map, re-build it in Multiplayer, and get a dynamic view of the battlefield at any time in IA.

TJRV is designed to look as stock-as possible on the outside, but on the inside provide a few more options for you. Don't expect flash, just expect a few more options, and unique advantages and more units for each race.

- Nielk1's Local Mod Manager, and included local-mods.
Nielk1 has taken the time to create a new program known at the moment as Local-Mod Manager. This allows you to turn on or off mini-mods which can improve gameplay, but NOT give you bad assets when you join other players. You can run a slightly differently enhanced version of TA5, without being able to cheat by modifying assets, and without everyone having to run the same add-ons that you are.

The current local-mod list includes:
- Team Color Enhancements for both Scion and ISDF.
You may remember ZA's team color enhancement, well now meet a collective version. This mini-mod drastically improves the look of youre units in multiplayer. ALL the new units have special team color skins, and both scion AND the isdf have this for ALL units & buildings. You'll probably never want to turn this off...

- Shell skins/colour shemes.
Change the look and sound of youre background menu's by selecting one of the skin changers. 5 skins are currently included.

- Zero Angels newkeys.
If you can't type quick enough, and you have a numpad available on youre PC or laptop, then this is a must have. You can quickly send pre-set messages and taunts to youre friend of foe with the numpad. ZA has a good selection of useful popular phrases, such as 'Multiple Incoming Enemies', 'Need Two Pods' and the famous '!£$)*! Incoming Bomber!!!'

- Zero Angels Cornered Colorize
Changes the appearance of youre in-game interface to slanted rather than rounded rectangles, very pretty.

- Nielk1's Curvy Centered Hull&Ammo Gauges
Moves the hull and ammo gauge to the centre of the screen next to youre reticle, if thats where you want it.

- Nielk1's Circle Hull&Ammo Gauges
Swaps the traditional gauges for circular ones. Another pretty invention.

* More mini-mods are being developed to change other aspects of the game. Feel free to add ideas.

- Nielk1's Mutator Recycler Variant Pack Version 2.0
Another contraption of Nielk1's that adds 20+ recycler variants to the stock races, which drastically open up youre playability options. I won't say too much, this is N1's space.

- TheJamsh's Beserk AIP Set
You will not survive. period.

- TheJamsh's Dogfight Multiplayer Mode
Enjoy bitter fast-paced dogfights against the computer or online gamers. Want a real treat? Switch the 'Lucky Dip' on to get some truly random weapons and powerups. No game will ever be the same...

- TheJamsh's Various Shell Enhancements
Includes the following improvements and features for you're menus and interfaces.

- Multiplayer Extra Options
View the games extra-options settings in game, for each mode, without having to ask hundreds of times. View youre allies in ST, the AIP set in MPI etc, all in one easy-to navigate panel. Thanks to Red Devil for inspiration on this.

- Stats Panel Fix
Fixes the Stats window in MP to stop the black background from appearing. Thanks to Red Spot for help with this.

- Dynamic Escape Menu
The escape menu now adjusts to fit more screen sizes the way it should do, with the buttons spread out accross the top of the screen.

- CPU Recycler Variants
Change the CPU recycler variant in MPI and IA to a standard or a self-defending one.

- Various fixes to the games campaign
Some, although not all graphical bugs fixed/improved.
Pathing on some maps improved.
Broken missions repaired, incorrect descriptions, ODF's, shell files repairs/fixes etc.
Red Devils' turrets, prevents them deploying in mid-air.

- Nielk1's NEW MP Mode, Reactor Wars
Still in testing, but a brand new adventurous MP mode designed for 2 or more players. No further details to be exposed at this time

- AHadley's MP Mode, Pilot/Soldier Deathmatch
An old classic DM mode returns in a pilot environment. New maps to be included

- LOADS of maps:

Appel
ST: Ancient
ST: Barren
ST: Hilo Blues
ST: Bowls
ST: Garden
ST: Haven
ST: Phoenix
ST: Quagmire
ST: Redslope
ST: Reflex
ST: Rendon
ST: Ridges
ST: Tempest
ST: Terron
ST: Trench

Malelovence
ST: Aztec
ST: Beaches
ST: Echelon
ST: Europa
ST: Exodus
ST: Ground Zero Lite
ST: Ice Age
ST: Insula
ST: Jade Green
ST: Lunar
ST: Mojave
ST: Ravine
ST: Sahara
ST: Uxbridge
ST: Wales

RocketmanX
ST: Ammo2Go
ST: Balance
ST: Box
ST: CanyonX
ST: Clay Ridge
ST: Hazzard Us
ST: Militus Procinctu
ST: Pit Stop
ST: Simplicity
ST: Space Roast
ST: Subterfuge
ST: The Pass
ST: The Ward

TheJamsh
MPI/ST/IA: Outposts
MPI/ST/IA: Tranquility
RW: Mining Facility
DF: Arena (Appel)
DF: Figure Eight
DF: Titan
DF: Volcanoes
DF: Spin Cycle
DF: Loot
DF: Shangri-la
ST: Snow Blind

Fizzy
ST: Iceolation

AHadley
Loot: Mire
Loot: Core

GreenHeart
MPI/ST/IA: GH Snowman

Nielk1
RW: Core

StormFront
ST: Boot Hill
ST: Chaos
ST: Trinity

TimeVirus
ST: Cauldron
ST: Crater
ST: Supply Lanes
ST: Mountain Pass
ST: Oxide
ST: Plaza
ST: Red Bluff
ST: Terrace

Possible/Planned Features:
There is no garuntee whatsoever than ANY of the features in the list below will be in the ePack. Furthermore, not ALL planned features are listed here.

- ComputerMaster1st' Indestructibles Recycler variant
Inclusion Pending. Will be bug-fixed before release.

- Datannti's Festive Map Pack
Inclusion Pending

- Feared_1's MP Maps
Awaiting Assets

- Additional ZST Maps
Permissions Pending

- TheJamsh's Newkeys
Awaiting Assets

- Shell Vehicle List Changer
Awaiting Assets

- Further Asset Fixes
Awaiting Assets

- Starfleet Recycler Variant
Inclusion Suspended. Possible Retraction.

Retracted Feature List:
- Additional Races
Additional playable races such as the Hadean and Cerberi have been retracted. Some may return or re-appear in future mini-packs. Sorry, but im not treading on anyones toes.

- Datannti's Map: Halloween
Removed due to excessive pathing and FPS errors. Not fixing it, and not included.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Sounds like a rather extensive pack. Expect some more maps from me too, mainly DM and PDM.

Red Spot

I do suggest you release 2 packages, 1 with all assets and 1 that only 'fixes' things. That way people who do not want all the 'extra' stuff can still benefit from the fixes. Just a thought :)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

Nope we have a better way of doing it. 2 downloads would cause problems all over the place.

Campaign fixes (even though there are only a few of them) are only used if you run in 'active' mode. In this mode however it is advised that you only play with other users running active mode. You SHOULD Be running active in the first place, because you won't get all the features else.

If you want to play with stock, but still run some of the mini-mods and have the maps available and some of the add-ons, you can run in passive mode.

Im debating wether or not to keep this mode system. People should just download and play it, most of the assets require that someone else has the pack in order to play anyway.

Red Spot

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 15, 2009, 10:13:24 AM
Nope we have a better way of doing it. 2 downloads would cause problems all over the place.

Im debating wether or not to keep this mode system. People should just download and play it, most of the assets require that someone else has the pack in order to play anyway.

What I mean is basicly to have a say core-package with extra maps, some basic assets and the fixes, than have a second package (or an option in the installer ....) to install the rest and/or have it create two configurations. This way no-one has to be afraid/bothered with the things they may not like (say for instance someone doesnt want any changes to colors, gauges, etc), they however can still enjoy smoother SP-missions, the extra maps and the global fixes that are included.

The more things that are included that are not fixes will likelly make it less interesting for more users as it can hold something they do not want changed, by doing it in a way I suggest you prevent that as the core package would only change there where it fixes (more or less).
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Warfreak

All the extra things are turned OFF to start with. (the shell configs and glowskins).

You MUST enable them in order to even use them, so that should not be a problem. Only the Recy Variants and the Maps and Gamemodes will be active in passive, active adds the campaign and "unsafe" fixes in. The extras are added through the LMM.exe (LocalModManager, which will be included with the TA5AddonPack)

TheJamsh

Nielk1 has taken the time to create a new program known at the moment as Local-Mod Manager. This allows you to turn on or off mini-mods which can improve gameplay, but NOT give you bad assets when you join other players. You can run a slightly differently enhanced version of TA5, without being able to cheat by modifying assets, and without everyone having to run the same add-ons that you are.

The current local-mod list includes:

Nielk1's Local Mod Manager allows you to change the gauges to whatever you like, in whatever mode. You can play MP or SP with or without different gauges. As Warfreak said, all the extra mini-mods or colour scheme options are off by default, but you can pick and mix from N1's local mod manager and turn some things on and others off BEFORE you load up BZ2.

The local mod manager only works with non-asset checked files, so you can happily play MP with any combination of mini-mods, and the other players can have their own mini-mods.

Running in 'Active' mode means you can only play against other players running in 'Active' mode, because the file overrides are switched on. Passive mode allows you to do whatever, but Active mode works more like a mod, bringing in all the edited stock assets and 'fixes' if any.

LMM allows people to make 'drop-in' mini-mods, so people can make their own colour schemes/sound effects pack etc, and people can turn them on or off whenever they want via LMM. You can even have things on a per-machine basis if you want to do things that way.

AHadley

Reminds me, you missed the extra soundtracks and shellmusic packs off there.

TheJamsh

i know thats because its about a 65mb download, so would make 100mb everytime people wanted to DL the pack.

i will put them up soon, probably as an optional download for the beta testers, but they will be in the pack. I dont have any shell music packs however.

AHadley

That's probably because I forgot to send them. From Recoil and FE, though I think only FE will be used. I'll probably make one for QF too, with BBB's permission.