• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

An example of increased knowledge of Blender and Modeling

Started by Clavin12, July 11, 2009, 03:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

From the nose it curves up eventually into a fan like tail.
C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Gun tower? Could those things wave, and possibly shoot?

Clavin12

Maybe. I kinda made it as a prop though. A while ago sum1 gave me some advice on doing organic stuff and I am exhibiting it.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

you could vertex animate it to wave. Would look awesome.

If you dont want to use it as a tree, use it as a powerplant. The various spikes can be organic nodes that conduct bio-electricity between them (NOT bio-metal electricity), im talking the same way its made in your brain. Some pretty effects could be used there, maybe even something similar to BBB's caustics thing.

It really depends how far people are going to go with this CP. No one takes the 'if it CAN be done it WILL be done' approach unlike me...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

If I was going to use it as a building I probably would have left the base symmetrical. BTW what race would use it? There aren't any organic type races in the CP, other than the scions and they use lungs. Maybe I'll make a more mechanical version and it can be used for the third faction.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

Well its given me an idea for one of my races objects and fits them rather well... so if the CP doesnt use the idea i will :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Another thought might to be using it as a working prop like the one used on the Red World map in FE. Organic looking plants would unleash a plethra of little starfish looking antibodies to attack passing units; really quite interesting as they attacked everybody on the map. The ODF could be modified to suit your needs.

Vertex animations look fairly easy to do with a lot of keyframes. I've done some simple one's in TS using only a few keyframes and slowed down the anmation action by stretching out the 5 or so frames to like 60 or more to make the animation look less choppy.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Clavin12

What if it bred, releasing seeds that eventually grew into more of itself. Easily destroyed but could block off a passage in a hurry.
C l a v i n 1 2