• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

What does stock mean?

Started by Sabre Tank, July 15, 2009, 12:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre Tank

Yeah I know its a dumb question but honestly I don't know what stock means. Like I see it it some names of the variants in 1.3 and stuff.

VSMIT

Stock basically means "Out of the box."
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Feared_1

Original. Unchanged.

When you build a vehicle without modifying any weapons, you have a "stock" vehicle.

AHadley

In modding terms:
- Something that comes with the game itself rather than a mod for it

In gaming terms:
- Something that is built by the factory or recycler without any modifications from the armoury or consoles.

bigbadbogie

I like chicken stock. Very yummy.

Spam aside... Yeah. Stock units and buildings in Bz2 are the original ISDF and Scion ones that are used throughout the single player campaign and in basic IA and MP games.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

King Gladiator

Eventually can someone make a list describing all the recycler variants up to date? i still have no clue what the difference between commando a, b, and c are and ther are others i havent even tried playing with yet.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Nielk1

Stock:

In Game: Things that are, or are similar to, how they were in previous versions.
Modding: Anything that comes with the game or patch. IE free assets if modding FOR THAT GAME.

Click on the image...

Fulmen

Stock can also be referred to as vanilla, so don't get confused. Some people asked me "isn't vanilla a flavour" when I talked about vanilla Bz2, LOL!

And yes, I know it's also a flavour.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.