• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

vehicle lists...

Started by TheJamsh, July 16, 2009, 05:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

You'd never have thought this would have been so hard

I'm creating a custom vehicle list for the e-pack, and only half the vehicles work correctly, or display the information from their .inf file. SOME of the ODF and xsi filenames have a _ in them, but this shouldn't make a difference as so do some of the stock ones.

Inheritance DOES work for vehicle lists because thats how the dm vehicles work, but for the love of pete i can't get the information to show up, sometimes the XSI doesn't even show up!

any thoughts?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

fixed... i didn't realise you had to have a .inf file exist with exactly the same name as the ODF file to display information. I'll leave this up in case anyone else ever runs into the problem

TheJamsh

cancel the fix... ive got half of it to work... ONLY TO DISCOVER THERES A LIMIT ON HOW LARGE THE VEHICLE LIST CAN BE!

GAAAAAAAAAAAHD. Anyways to get around this using an svar/ivar?

bigbadbogie

I think that has been brought up before and has never been possible.

I am sure that Mantis is about to light up like a christmas tree.  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

The list size will never be bigger either. The way it is coded to to ingrained. Have fun with 32 vehicles, be glad it isn't 31 and 1 that never shows info like it used to be.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Yeh... 32-bit program... duh. it all makes sense now.

Never mind, ive found quite a pretty work around :)

General BlackDragon

yeah u can set a race based mix of vehicle lists via ivars and buttons.

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

I think it was me that ran into this last time. It gets annoying when you have ISDF, Scions, Hadeans and then one or two Cerberi... in the end I had to rearrange it to scouts, light tanks, tanks...

Nielk1

Click on the image...