• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Minor irritation

Started by MrHoohah, July 16, 2009, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrHoohah

Greetings!  I have a silly problem.  No matter what mode I'm in, once a mission finishes loading and I'm in the cockpit, the console is open by default.  There is nothing in my startup shortcut that activates it, and I can't find any options about it, and searching through the net and these forums have proved fruitless; any idea why this is happening?  Thanks much!

squirrelof09

Try pressing 'ctrl' + '~' . That should disable the console.

If that does not fix your problem. What version of the game are you playing? Are you playing with any mods?
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

GSH

In 1.3ta5 (and pb4a before that), errors in ODFs will open the console after loading. Bzone.exe should flash the console open momentarily, then close it after a second. Bz2edit.exe will keep the console open. Stock should not cause this to happen; have you installed any mods that don't note that they're compatible w/ 1.3ta5 (or pb4a)? If so, please complain to the modmakers.

-- GSH

MrHoohah

Oh, yes, closing the console is no problem, it's just a bit inconvenient that it's open by default each time.

I was unaware there was a 1.3ta5, I only have 1.3 and Forgotten Enemies for 1.3, guess maybe I could try updating to said patch!

MrHoohah

Wow, that did it.  Thanks much, guys!

King Gladiator

MrHooHah do you know General HooHah by chance?
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

bigbadbogie

Either General Hoohah got dishonourably discharged, or it's his brother.  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com