• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How are MPI maps edited/created under 1.3 and above?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, August 19, 2009, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

As I recall some online cheaters screwed up the abiltiy to edit MPI maps in the map editor under 1.3 and above. How is it done now via the bz2edit.exe utility? I still use the 1.2 map editor, but should I edit/create new maps with the above utility instead? The original 1.3 editor used to pop up the console with a bunch of error messages...has this been fixed with TA5? Also, I only have the original 1.3 installed can I just make a new BZII install and upgrade it to TA5, or do I need to install all of the in between beta's? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

mrtwosheds

just install ta5 over a fresh install of original bz2

GreenHeart

Well due to the abuse of cheating online the editor has its own exe file called "BZ2Edit.exe" & you can load maps into that editor.
you can open your maps either by using the old method of a shortcut  /edit  custom.bzn or use just load any ia map into the editor through the ingame shell & then open the editor's menu to select the "Load" button to open a popup that allows you open your map.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

ScarleTomato

or if you know how to use MM5 for editing, it automatically determines what version you have and changes the launch parameters for you. Definitely my favorite method if I'm launching, exiting and relaunching a map i'm editing as it keeps all your preferences, and has a nice big launch button that you can't miss. :-D

General BlackDragon

Yah. Only thing i've noticed is it doesnt keep your preferances if you have a mod selected :(

*hates retyping blabla.bzn 1000 times

*****General BlackDragon*****

BNG Da BZ Fool

MM5 doesn't seem to be too reliable for me...it has trouble displaying things like 1.3 maps, or atleast they don't show up under my 1.3 install. I tried re searching my system with MM5, but it still won't list many maps. Should I install an additional MM5 to my 1.3 folder? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

MM5 was built before some major changes which cause some issues.

I simply use command line. BZ2Edit.exe mpibznname.bzn

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on August 22, 2009, 01:54:16 PM
MM5 doesn't seem to be too reliable for me...it has trouble displaying things like 1.3 maps, or atleast they don't show up under my 1.3 install. I tried re searching my system with MM5, but it still won't list many maps. Should I install an additional MM5 to my 1.3 folder? Tanks, BNG.

The new 1.3 patches have all the maps in the maps13 folder instead of addon. They can still be put there, but MM5 doesn't know to look in the maps13 folder. i always just use the map line under the command line tab. My main map to test assets and effects on is chilli.bzn just because i remember the name easily and it has nice lighting. Any maps that I make i usually save them as easily remembered names during development for the reason that i can just type them in instead of looking through the list.

BTW does anyone have the source for mm5 still? It'd be great if an update was made.