• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can the way a ship explodes be done with a break away model?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, August 22, 2009, 02:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Something like making a LOD model with the model itself being used by BZII to break apart in a certain way. How does BZII accomplish this? Is it done by the engine itself determining the way a model explodes? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Rocket

i believe it just disconnects a bunch of polies randomly and makes them fall to the ground.. looks pretty good too.  :-)

don't think you can control the way it breaks apart though.
Hidden Defenders Mod

mrtwosheds

For hovercraft It seems to use the basic model (maybe the LOD?) is used as the body, I don't think you can change this. All the other bits that fly off can now be customized should you want to.(1.3)

General BlackDragon

yah. There's several things you can change, i think in ta5 you can even get rid of the main husk if you want to. dont think you can change it's model though, it's still just a straight drawn model of the original ship base.

*****General BlackDragon*****