• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Got bored, made (half) a model, worth continuing?

Started by Raven, July 22, 2009, 05:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Raven

Different bridge structure?

Even MORE polygons!

Rocket

Maybe it could be used for an alien mothership or something...

like the ship BTW  :-D

i just got a big awww.. do you think we would have to go through some copyright issues if we even tryed to put it in bz?  :-(
Hidden Defenders Mod

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Raven

Coprywrite? I doubt its an issue, I made it, its only inspired from the Nadesico, which as far as I'm aware, there is no way of bitching about.

RHadley

That ship is AMAZING! It looks brilliant so far, and I think that it would look great in the CP. I think that you should try to finish it, because I thyink that would be a brilliant model.

Hang on, which race would it be?
Whatsthatlongbuttononthebottomofthekeyboardfor?

AHadley

Quote from: Raven on July 22, 2009, 01:23:17 PM
After doing a bit more work with nicer curves and fine-tunes, the tri count, still without the main body, is currently 2549, which is too much for bz2, but I half expected that anyway.
Quote from: VSMIT on July 22, 2009, 01:40:26 PM
As of now, the tri count limit is 2730 2/3.  This has always been the limit the engine gives.
Quote from: Raven on July 29, 2009, 07:09:27 PM
Oh, and at 4788 tris, it aint gonna be going into bz2  :-P

Nielk1

As a 3D modeler I HATE SPHERES AND TUBES... Frigen polygon whores.

Click on the image...

Raven

Yeah but since it was already well over the limit, the torus hardly mattered. But yes, they suck in all other circumstances.

And yes as nicely quoted by AHadley, this monster isn't gonna work in the bz2 engine. But as I said before, should it ever get textured and you want it, I am perfectly willing for it to go into a cinematic or whatever. Capturing it can be done in either another game engine (damn this would look nice in EvE Online) or if one of you has a funky program like Lightwave or whatever as I think that did animation sequences...

TheJamsh

lol... I still remember the concept model for the pathan clan 'Bomber Plate' that N1 made.

friggen torus' everywhere :P! VERY nice though.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Once you've got it finished, post the final count here.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

bb1

I love making FMVs but as noted everywhere over and over since the dawn of time, any semblance of quality requires a crazy huge file. Else you work really hard and end up rendering something about the size of 4 icons arranged 2x2 on a winXP desktop (IE all BZ2 .bik). Polycount has little to do with that, and for all I know it can be the prettiest thing around if your PC will let you (I've had my fair share of week long renders on old PCs...not fun) but do you really want something so big and beautiful that putting it in a cutscene/FMV and repackaging it for redistribution would kill it and all that hard work?

TheJamsh

Dont forget that a well-made texture could account for any rise in poly counts. Units that make the best use of textures to hide polygon edges could be some of the stock scion units, or jak killers, or even better Lizards races, particularly the swarm.

BBB also did a good job in QF2, but the smegger deleted them so we'll never know ;(

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

I have done a far better job in FS2.

So chillax.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com