• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can a custom DM DLL be made with the DLL Scriptor to add Enemy AI Units?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, July 19, 2009, 06:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Would like to modify a standard DM DLL to add a few enemy AI air units to my air DM map. I seem to remember some sample bzn files where there's a pilot spawn point and an entry to create an fvtank every x amount of minutes with the instruction to get the pilot? I played around with that one for a while and managed to add my props and change the fvtank to an fvpilo where I had to defend a high peice of ground against a few enemy pilots; had a lot of fun with that one. PS: Is there any sample bzn files available like in the past? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Red Devil

What box???

BNG Da BZ Fool

Bots are a 1.3 addition right? I'm slowly making the transition to it. I've pretty much maxed the limitations of 1.2 and really need to focus on the improvements in 1.3. Still, have a lot of reading up to do on the various change logs. If I want to use assets from 1.2 mods do they all need to go in the addon folder of 1.3 and above? I realize that some things won't work  due to changes in 1.3, but can the non working elements be modified in the odf to get them working somewhat? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

Anything that doesn't work can be made to work.

Start with the slight classname changes around PB4. Once you fix that start looking into adjusting your tracked vehicle physics.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Tracked vehicle physics were the biggest change for me. The class label was a one line change. The only thing you have to avoid with tracked physics is powersliding, where units enter a sliding state, and if you put the power on, you just end up sliding further, rather than going in the direction you want. I have got a few ways of getting around it.

In fact, the friction controls are brilliant, you can make rec variants for icy maps that make tracked vehicles much more difficult to control. Something i'm doing for a certain whatnot...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.