• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Few questions / notes about BZ 1.3 TA 5

Started by Shadowsun, July 28, 2009, 04:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

While we're on it, is there any reason bumpmaps and reflections BOTH work on my laptop - which is far worse than my desktop - in PB4a, yet don't on my desktop in TA5?

Rocket

Quote from: AHadley on August 01, 2009, 02:25:04 PM
While we're on it, is there any reason bumpmaps and reflections BOTH work on my laptop - which is far worse than my desktop - in PB4a, yet don't on my desktop in TA5?

The reason might be the CPU power difference between the two computers...
Hidden Defenders Mod

Red Spot

Quote from: GSH on August 01, 2009, 10:25:47 AM
Does the DX error go away if you turn reflections off? If so, that's already been fixed.

-- GSH

I'll give it a go mondayevening and see if it makes a difference. I know how to trigger the errors (and failed to report them ...) anyway.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

GSH

Bumpmaps aren't coded in ta5. They're in 5.1, and seem to avoid most of the bugs. As to reflections, I bet you have an intel video chipset. Reflections aren't happy with those for some reason.

-- GSH

AHadley

Both computers have intel chipsets. And glad to hear bumpmaps are coming back, nicce work :-D