• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Moving train map...

Started by bigbadbogie, July 28, 2009, 11:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

I was just looking through some old files and stumbled over this.

It is a test map for an old QF Mod mission that was going to be set on a moving train.

Any modders who are interested can download it here: http://www.filefront.com/14147233/Train_Mission.7z/

I thought that the way it works is kinda cool...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

lol, glad you didnt put this in... one of my missions were on a train as well :D...

EDIT: That is FREAKIN good. Shame theres no mission .dll, could have been a bonus mission :lol:, even bigger shame about the occasional jumping cliffs =[

Still, the train model is pretty cool. Nice and simple, it reminds me of a map from unreal tournament so much.

AHadley - SDM map with some work?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Hell yeah, I'll go and give it a spin in a bit.

Rocket

Hmm, a train map, now I won't be able to sleep tonight unlees I try it out.... :-D

Wait, oh boy, it's filefront!  :roll:
Hidden Defenders Mod

AHadley

General BlackDragon

i cant seem to download it, Internet explorer EXPLODES when ever I try to do so, jamhs send it over msn please?

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

sure thing. itsn othing exciting... moving cliffs and a static train :P

bigbadbogie

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 29, 2009, 03:33:04 PM
sure thing. itsn othing exciting... moving cliffs and a static train :P

It's only a concept map.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

I think it's friggin' exciting. But that might be my custom background music and all the and all the bad guys I put on the train.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

lol, i must say its very good fun...

Clavin12

The same concept could be used for a battle on a star ship.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

Clavin12

I just thought you might be able to. I haven't actually downloaded the map so I'm not sure, but am I correct in saying that there is a sort of moving landscape and a permanent train that your in? If so You could replace the landscape with stars and space and the train with the interior of a spaceship.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Raven

So instead of a train its a more complicated model mimicking the inside of a ship, multiple stories with corridors and rooms like med bays and engineering, but I'd have it so where looking out of the windows greets you with the view of cliffs zooming by as you blast down a valley at ~2000 km/h.
Even more epic if the cliffs tilted and pitched to make it look like the ship was turning and ducking and diving now and then. Basically a stupidly long animation sequence xD Only issue is 3rd person view would probably reveal all.
I'm evil.
DO IT, NOW. (I've never done (nor do I have a program that can do) animation) :evil: If you get the cliffs going I might consider banging a structure together. You're texturing it though :P