• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

LATE Storyline submission (vacation anyone?): "Full Circle"

Started by ScrapPool, July 28, 2009, 11:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScrapPool

Quote from: bb1 on July 30, 2009, 06:55:18 PM
*Pulls on labcoat*

Then the highly intelligent Scions would stop every couple million light years and carry out long range scans and navigating to see which way is clear O_O

Haha yes indeed that could be a way of making it safe!
Unfortunately, it rather ruins the story...  :-D

Also, scions LOVE danger!  :lol:
Got it covered.
"Full Circle"

Angstromicus

Would it be possible that entry into FTL travel takes a tremendous amount of energy, and doing that over and over would be infeasible?

bb1

Dammit just lost a post to a badly coded website tab lockup..... It was like 10 paragraphs long and wrote the way how it made the Scions do everything right and the moon and ark still dying... Find me on a teamspeak server or something if you want to hear it. The internet beat me.

ScrapPool

Quote from: Angstromicus on July 30, 2009, 07:41:13 PM
Would it be possible that entry into FTL travel takes a tremendous amount of energy, and doing that over and over would be infeasible?

:-o

Yup, that would do it!

This guy is good...
Got it covered.
"Full Circle"

bb1

The explanations of the creation of religion itself...

You sure it won't PO the religion crowd?

It definitely would be a stand alone story without chance of sequel and has a fulfilling end all while showing the extremely deep relation to humans and Cthonians.

Nielk1

IDK, in a story I'm working on for something I have the Lilim as the alien race and partially responsible for the origin story. Not very much worry from me about that.

How many twilightzones or scifi movies do the same thing?

Click on the image...

ScrapPool

Quote from: bb1 on July 31, 2009, 11:06:50 AM
The explanations of the creation of religion itself...

You sure it won't PO the religion crowd?

It definitely would be a stand alone story without chance of sequel and has a fulfilling end all while showing the extremely deep relation to humans and Cthonians.

Ya know I hadn't thought of that, but I suppose the same thing could be said about Knowing, but it didn't really experience huge damage from that dynamic. The movie just sucked haha. (http://triablogue.blogspot.com/2009/07/knowing.html, if you've seen that movie, you may know what I mean. It's absolutely LOADED with religious, specifically Christian, allegory. Two kids saved by aliens which seem to have angel wings and are dropped off, the only humans on a planet, near an unusually holy tree? Sounds awfully familiar to me.)

I'm not here to make claims about the origin of religion, I just though it would be a nice touch is all. It could very well be interpreted as me pushing beliefs on other people as a matter of fact... but nonetheless, it, like everything else in this story, is not set in stone. This is an example of one of those things that is completely non-essential to the story. Their names could be Dick and Jane for all I care. In fact, the entire bit about these two characters surviving the crash to earth at all could be dropped. They could die instantly, and it would all still work.

And if you really think about it, humans, according to this story, are not descended from these people, instead we would have evolved in accordance with the panspermia theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia), the microbes in their bodies being the first cells, instead of the first reproducing cell spontaneously coming into existence with the coincidence of amino acids, some sea foam, and maybe a strike of lightning.

As an example, Spore completely rejects genesis, but it seems to have no problem selling to everyone.

Anyways, all this heavy stuff is generally non-essential, but I added it simply to, in fact, make the story a little more meaningful, compelling (haha, heavier). It is worth remembering that if it were consensus in the community that this stuff were too heavy or anyone found it offensive, it could easily be dropped!
Got it covered.
"Full Circle"

Feared_1

Knowing was a pretty weird movie...

...This is just a game, and we're just looking for a story. It doesn't mean anything other than that's what the story says :P

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Angstromicus

Lets hope not, as we don't want anybody reacting foolishly and starting any flame wars here. The peace so far is as savory as lobster  :-P.

ScrapPool

Quote from: Angstromicus on July 31, 2009, 01:14:41 PM
Lets hope not, as we don't want anybody reacting foolishly and starting any flame wars here. The peace so far is as savory as lobster  :-P.

That's pretty savory.
Got it covered.
"Full Circle"

mrtwosheds

If (fanatical) people get pissed off by your story, its their problem not yours, they already have a problem with just about everything else in the Universe, your story will not add any more to their self inflicted burden, They will find something to be pissed off or deluded about what ever you do.

ScrapPool

Quote from: mrtwosheds on July 31, 2009, 08:56:12 PM
If (fanatical) people get pissed off by your story, its their problem not yours, they already have a problem with just about everything else in the Universe, your story will not add any more to their self inflicted burden, They will find something to be pissed off or deluded about what ever you do.
Yes, and its not like they would be forced to play it. I just try and leave people to whatever makes them happy and helps them keep respectable morals. If that is god, fine by me!

ANYWAYS is anybody finding more morbidly obtrusive issues with the believability of this plot?
Got it covered.
"Full Circle"

bb1

Quote from: Angstromicus on July 31, 2009, 01:14:41 PM

Mah boi- times of peace such as these are what ALL true warriors strive FOR

Rocket

Quote from: ScrapPool on July 31, 2009, 09:11:50 PM
ANYWAYS is anybody finding more morbidly obtrusive issues with the believability of this plot?

I noticed that you made it so the start of life on earth was a paradox... which makes no sense.

(starts with adam and eve)
(adam and eve are born  :-P and sent to outer space)
(they come back to earth many years earlier and start all the life on earth)

Question: what made them so they could CREATE the paradox?

I think it just doesn't add up.
Hidden Defenders Mod