• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can scene lights be added to the model hierarchy tree structure?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, July 30, 2009, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Can I add the lights that light my model into the tree structure of a model, or would that cause a problem for BZ? I use TS 7.6 and it has scene lights that affect the way it illuminates in the modeler workspace, but is adding them to the model itself a bad thing for BZ or does it make no dif. at all as BZ just ignores such objects? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

you could add hp_light hardpoints to it, but youre limited to 4, and you would have to probably create custom lights.

They would affect everything they hit though, not just youre object, as spot_lights are pretty heavy in TA5.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Not as hp_lights TJ as model parts illuminating the model geometry. Would the light objects cause BZ to crash if BZ tried to read them and cause a problem when rendering the model in game?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

dont think it would cause a crash, i just dont think it will work. BZ2 probably won't understand it.

You can use vertex colours, also they only appear correctly when lights are set to none, which very few people use.

Rocket

QuoteCan scene lights be added to the model hierarchy tree structure?

I'm quite sure they can't.
Hidden Defenders Mod

BNG Da BZ Fool

Nielk1

I suspect if its pre XSI the exporter will ignore it and if it is post BZ2 will ignore it,

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

From Ivtank.xsi
SI_Angle {
   0;
}

SI_Camera  Camera1 {
   1.297981; 2.646989; 3.466687;;
   -1.766339; 1.376721; 2.805893;;
   0.000000;
   60.000031;
   0.100000;
   32768.000000;
}

SI_Ambience {
   0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000;;
}

SI_Fog {
   0;
   0;
   0.500000; 0.500000; 0.500000;;
   20.000000;
   100.000000;
}

SI_Light  light1 {
   0;
   1.000000; 1.000000; 1.000000;;
   0.000000; 5.966998; 0.000000;;
}
These are presumably the scene lights/fog/camera from SI, they do nothing in bz2.

AHadley

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

BNG Da BZ Fool

I was just curious, but I guess BZ must illuminate objects internally via setting in the trn file referencing the sun color and other settings? The map editor is BZ is quite interesting and I wish that more detailled information was available in terms of what can and can not be accomplished creating maps from it. BNG.

mrtwosheds

Quite allot of those settings in the .trn files, do nothing at all, the sun color included. (seem to be just left over from bz1 or something) all the lighting, fog etc can be adjusted in the bz2 console.

TheJamsh

The skydome data is invalid and not-read in either. You CAN however, use .TRN files for .dll purposes, and allow the .dll to read from them.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on August 05, 2009, 03:23:04 PM
The skydome data is invalid and not-read in either. You CAN however, use .TRN files for .dll purposes, and allow the .dll to read from them.

What are you the BZ Gaffe Machine?

Yes, they do something, but only when the map is first made. After that it is all done via the console and saved into the sky file.

Click on the image...