• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New map, worth continuing?

Started by TheJamsh, July 30, 2009, 12:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Started work on this today, it looks pretty good so far, and its going to be for the addon pack. Just wondered if people like it enough for me to continue working on it? Might take a week or so to finish. Heres some screenies:

First time ive really put work into the sky and lighting, its definately worth it i think!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Looks like something BBB would come up with!

Rocket

Quoteits definately worth it i think!

I think so too.  :-)
Hidden Defenders Mod

TheJamsh

oi! :P

I did a fairly simple GH style one with 'Outposts' (another map in addon pack for those who dont know), This ones called "Rock Pools". First time i've experimented with multiple layers of water as well...

This ones entirely free-hand, but used winter for Outposts. FAR prefer free-hand, just so much easier and you have finer control over it.

AHadley

Yeah, I agree. Freehand just seems that little more natural, so its not perfectly symmetrical.

ScarleTomato

dude that looks really nice. Can't wait to play it.

Feared_1

Looks good... Just pointing out: it's snowing, so we should be seeing cloud cover and not Saturn, right? Not saying it looks BAD, because I think its pretty cool.

Red Spot

Looks very good. That said I always judge maps on how they play .. looks should imo never come first (though that doesnt seem to be the trent ...). So how does it play? How does the AI behave on the map? If its as good as the map looks I would be really interested in the map :)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

Not too sure on the AI yet. Im not really sure what im going to use the map FOR.

That said, im not usually too bad at sorting pathing out.

The snow was a kind of... interesting addition. I quite like the feel it gives... Like early morning snowing somewhere not quite sure where... but whatever :P...

bigbadbogie

I reckon it's quite nice TJ.

(I see backdropped mountains).  :-D
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

Mire trees can't live in the cold. What if you made a different kind of rain?
C l a v i n 1 2

ScarleTomato

Quote from: Feared_1 on July 30, 2009, 02:06:57 PM
Looks good... Just pointing out: it's snowing, so we should be seeing cloud cover and not Saturn, right? Not saying it looks BAD, because I think its pretty cool.

http://homefront.blogspot.com/2009/01/cloudless-snow.html

I'd definitely keep the snow and the clear sky, it looks awesome.

VSMIT

Who says they're trees from Mire?  And who says they can't survive cold?

They may just be trees that evolved naturally on the planet, and look extremely similar to those found on Mire.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

ScarleTomato

indeed videogames are supposed to be an escape from reality anyways. Why try and make it true to life if it loses asthetics?

Clavin12

Quote from: VSMIT on July 30, 2009, 04:42:54 PM
Who says they're trees from Mire?  And who says they can't survive cold?

They may just be trees that evolved naturally on the planet, and look extremely similar to those found on Mire.

Right...
C l a v i n 1 2