• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Scavenger deploy-Scrap delay

Started by Scav-Avenger, August 02, 2009, 12:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scav-Avenger

Does anyone notice that there is a delay in your scrap income when deploying a scavenger on a pool? Is this confined to 1.3, or is it in 1.2 as well? They delay lasts until the scavenger is fully deployed, the extractor tube and all. This results in a few seconds of scrap income wasted.
Avatars make my profile look fat...

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Scav-Avenger

Mr X

It doesn't need fixing, I was recently looking at the ODF for scavengers and noticed that this was put in completely intentionally.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Scav-Avenger

Weird. So getting a scavenger to deploy on a pool might cause you to lose the amount of scrap you actually will get if you did not deploy the scavenger.

TheJamsh

There is an initDelay setting. That setting is there to allow the animation to finish, so its totally intentional.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Vid

It also stops when you upgrade a scavenger.  Annoys you when you're building and you also upgrade a scav, then your meter just stops at 0 or 20 and holds there.   Strange thing is,  if you have a scavenger collecting, and its collection pushes you past the "animation scavenger", you'll still have to wait your time later.  I've had times where I stayed above the newly upgraded scav for 3-4 minutes, then finally spent enough and was surprised when it froze at 0.

Warfreak

Get over it... Its there FOR A REASON AND WILL NEVER GET "FIXED" IN THE STOCK ASSETS.

however, you can always make a RecVar that has scavs with no initDelay.  :roll:

bb1

Somewhere in the code it should only have initdelay for the first scav and not for subsequent scavengers.

GSH

This was a feature asked for by the designers of BZ2. It exists in version 1.0, and every version since. 1.3ta5 allows you to make a recy variant that turns this delay to 0, but stock will remain unchanged.

-- GSH

Vid

Yes, its merely an annoyance, not a problem.  Similar to how turrets take a few seconds to deploy.  It makes sense in the way an extractor would extract scrap, except for that fact that BZ doesn't pull scrap from all scavs at once, it is a little weird in that. 

ie..  the only thing I could see about fixing it, would be to make the "newly deployed/upgraded" extractor be at the top of the scrap meter instead of the bottom like they are now. 

Basically if you have 2 scavs deployed and then deploy a third one,  this third one shouldn't cause your scrap to freeze at 0, but at 40(the limit of scrap the other two can pull).  If you have 1 upgraded extactor, and 2 regular extractors, then put down a 3rd extractor, you shouldn't freeze at 20, you should freeze at 60.  That is the only flaw if any I see in the workings.

However its worked fine since the game has been out and I don't think its worth changing.  /shrugs.  Very small minuscule annoyance that would probably take considerable code work to fix.

Zero Angel

It works that way in 1.2 and possibly 1.3 as well. If you have 2 pools and recently get a third, then the scrap income will freeze at 40. It can be an annoyance, yeah, but you can also use that game mechanic to your advantage when fighting vs a human opponent.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Vid

Hrm, from my experience a new extractor or new upgraded extractor will always put themselves on the bottom of that section of the bar.   You have 2 red, 1 yellow, and you get a new yellow... it will freeze at the 40 mark, not 60.  You have 2 red and 1 yellow, and you upgrade the yellow.. it will freeze at 0.  Though I do play 1.2 sometimes instead of 1.3TA5