• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Creating a plot for the 1.3 Community Project: Part 2

Started by Angstromicus, August 02, 2009, 12:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which stories do you favor the most?

Mr X's Time story
15 (60%)
AHadley's Perfidious story
9 (36%)
DROP PENDING: Gen_Hoohah's FE Sequel
5 (20%)
ScrapPool's Full Circle story
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Nielk1

Keep waiting. After a year my Jupiter map looks like crap still.

And frankly the high pressure airfoil unit is not my best work.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I would like to withdraw Perfidious from the next round of voting. I think we have better options, and I'd like to work on it myself anyway :)

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

Quote from: AHadley on August 23, 2009, 12:51:58 PM
I would like to withdraw Perfidious from the next round of voting. I think we have better options, and I'd like to work on it myself anyway :)
Please don't until you see the next round of voting.  If you feel that you still would like to remove it, we can at that time.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Rocket

hmm, you could have 2 different perspectives...

one is from the ISDF point of view, showing the Perfidious story with a background story of what's happening with the scions, about them building an ARK III to travel to an unknown galaxy... (Play ISDF)

and another view of being the ambassador traveling on the ARK III, which is the scion viewpoint. (Play scion)

what do you think?

hey! and you would get to see what the ARK III looks like taking off from two different perspectives! :-)
Hidden Defenders Mod

bb1

Quote from: Mr X on August 23, 2009, 12:08:47 PM
No-one said that about hyperspace in star wars. I'm just saying.

Biometal tanks hover, they need a solid mass to hover on. And where would you find biometal in a ball of gas? Not to mention actually being able to see...

Hyperspace was fundamental and brand new when starwars came out. In contrast, the longest-running sci-fi single series Stargate has used portals for a long time, not to mention countless other games. Back in the day, Starwars placed the claim on hyperdrive and expanded on it from there. At this point in time, though, portals are everywhere in sci-fi. SP's Ac..something isn't.

Don't even say "star trek warp" because I don't think they do the exact same thing ;)

Tanks can hover on water, ehh?

sabrebattletank

Why not play the campaign as a member of the third powerful Cthonian faction?

Or, more broadly, why not play the campaign as a non-human/scion entity?

Could be interesting, at least as an idea to vet.

Possible way to include this: you are playing as part of the third chtonian faction, and do some quick stealth/recon missions, and have to make a choice: stay with your own people or help/join the scions/Ark/whatever.

Mr X

That would wreck the storyline because they're supposed to get wiped out before the real fighting starts...
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

bb1

"Or, more broadly, why not play the campaign as a non-human/scion entity?"

I would love to watch the action from the perspective of a tree.

---However, you do bring up a good point. The story as is can easily be influenced to allow the main character to be an explorer of the cosmos who happens upon the events as they unravel. His ship is in the Cthonian planet space while Ark III is exploding and somehow gets caught up in the evacuation ships going planetside. He joins up with them on the planet for -reason- and there you have it, the one human(esque?) character among the Only-Scion crew. This method also allows you to dish out the story more slowly, have a more tense relation with the Scions since your history is ALSO in shadow, and allow the Eve thing to play out in a more brilliant way. You would get the story of the AC drive, the reason they pulled out near the planet, and other such details as missions went on since you entered the picture halfway into it. More dynamic character development, rather than a bland human ambassador. Someone who doesn't know about biometal, ISDF, Scions, all that jazz.

sabrebattletank

I was thinking the perspective of a virus or bacteria.

Or possibly the Hadeans.

bb1

That post above was aimed toward you, sabre. Bad post timing oops  :-D

sabrebattletank

sabrebattletank

Ooh! What about this? The Cthonians (aka Greek gods) took some humans from ancient Earth (read: ancient Greece, or whatever BZ1 cannon says) for a purpose, possibilities include:

* experimentation? [with biometal? with another, foreign substance? with native fauna?]
 * colonization? pets/slaves? [--> then they rebelled?]
 * to be a superweapon? [in conjunction with biometal?] [but they failed/escaped/were set free because they were too powerful?]

and ancestors of the Explorer (player) formed a new race

* a fusion of biometal and human and Cthonian? (has this been done before?)
  * a fusion of biometal and human and something else -- native plant/animal?
  * a fusion of biometal and human and some non-living entity: stone? metal?

They were left in the stars (left for dead/abandoned by the Cthonians?) because
a) as pets they were no good
b) the Cthonian experiments failed [or so they think]
c) they rebelled and were sent to a prison planet, (we can call them "Australians").    Just kidding.
d) Reason D.

But they grew strong away from their former oppressors and

i) forgot about them and are exploring
ii) are looking for revenge
iii) haven't forgotten about them, but aren't looking for revenge
iv) Reason IV

Enter the Explorer and the Ark III.

Feel free to add on/subtract reasons and such. Also, feel free to submit reason D. And Reason IV.

Discuss. What do you think?

Clavin12

I think colonization is least used one and thus it's the one that we should use. it'll add to the freshness of the story.
C l a v i n 1 2

bb1

Pets? That gave me a good chuckle. Whatever human-cthonian encounters happened were brief at best judging by the BZ1 briefings and scans-- they had a war to think about and couldn't spend bonus time on teaching a new race secrets.

Rebelled? Hardly...

The time period the story is set in dictates they don't even know earth exists. If it was a Cthonian from the planet, he'd probably just join the cthonian struggle. With a third party, they are caught in the blind. YOU get to be the player that has flown interplanetary scout ships- never a biometal tank!

Make this obvious in mission 1. Give him a special modified ship that has clunky controls (high drag, slow acceleration, guns with a more random spread) that kind of thing. It would be refreshing for us vets that have to go through the usual bland "intro mission" by making your character actually handicapped by HIS skill, not yours XD