• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Creating a plot for the 1.3 Community Project: Part 2

Started by Angstromicus, August 02, 2009, 12:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which stories do you favor the most?

Mr X's Time story
15 (60%)
AHadley's Perfidious story
9 (36%)
DROP PENDING: Gen_Hoohah's FE Sequel
5 (20%)
ScrapPool's Full Circle story
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

bb1

FE (as far as the story goes) to me was a cop out. Cthonians had to kill off themselves to save the universe or whatnot... relegating them to the supreme mystery race you only can get bits and pieces of. Bringing them back had the same "aliens in bz2 ruins the plot" thing that scared off all the bz1ers. Full circle allows you to explore them further with them still being allowed to perish in the same way. You should only be able to go backwards with Cthonians, not forward... but FE is canon and we've gotta work with that.

AHadley

That's why the bz1 attitude doesnt make sense to me. There were aliens in BZ1 too, its not new.

TBH I don't see the problem with the BZ2 Hadeans, they'd most likely have evolved a little since, new tech and the like

Mr X

And time travel gives us a chance to see a less advanced version of them.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Nielk1

I've been itching to make the prototype NSDF. I even have them on my wiki as a race under 'Truman'.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Won't integrating several different races according to which time your in take up an extreme amount of harddrive space?
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

There is something called .paks, incase you haven't heard.

bb1

Clavin12

but still most people don't just go out and buy new hardrives for just a battlezone 2 mod.
C l a v i n 1 2

bb1

My mistake. You can get them for under 80$ now if you look somewhat-hard. I doubt everything bz related that has ever existed would fill a 1tb HD *waits for the naysayers*

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on August 12, 2009, 07:33:53 AM
Won't integrating several different races according to which time your in take up an extreme amount of harddrive space?

No. Unless you think a gig is a lot.

Click on the image...

bb1

Clavin's problem is he doesn't have 1475 floppy disks.

Rocket

most mods never exceed 2 gigs, they are usually under a gig, once this CP is done, it'll probably be under 3 gigs.

and that's a small price to pay for another cool mod!

there it is:   8-)

:-D
Hidden Defenders Mod

TheJamsh

FE was only 256 MB download. I seriously doubt this CP will go above 1GB, or even get close.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on August 15, 2009, 05:34:45 AM
FE was only 256 MB download. I seriously doubt this CP will go above 1GB, or even get close.

I can only see that being true factoring in modern compression. There seems to be a want for MASSIVE textures everywhere.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

i am in support of General Hooha's storyline due to its complexity and its originality. i would really enjoy playing it because it is very interesting as to how the plot could fluctuate and how so many different twists and surprises could be added. i am behind it 100%

Go iron maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream