• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Building Taps.

Started by Rocket, August 15, 2009, 06:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Quote from: Rocket on August 22, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
so, how do you make an, (undeploy) command for a building?

"like the recycler in FE"

does it have to be helped by DLL?

To have it undeploy without the help of a constructor, you must simply make a trigger object called Undeploy that the DLL looks for and acts on.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

Helped? It's ALL .dll HOWEVER, the dll to do it is so simple it can be coded with the BZ2Scriptor.

Yes, it's DLL dependent, and depending on how you want it to happen it may require an animation, also.

For BZC, to duplicate the behavior of Production Units in BZ1, I created a mine called 'Undeploy' and made it the 10th item in the build list (item 0).  I made one for each Production Unit.

When the DLL sees this mine enter the game it starts the 'undeploy' animation for the proper Production Unit, then waits the undeploy time, then replaces the building with the vehicle form.

Here's the Scriptor code for it:

//Undeploy NSDF Recycler
[routine,AvRecUD,1,true]
checkagain:
   getbylabel,Avrecundeploy,"unnamed_BZCundep11"  //look for the mine, which will have a '1' added to the label
   isAround,Avrecundeploy
   ifeq,false,checkagain
   remove,Avrecundeploy
   wait,3
   getbyTS,MyRec,1,1
   SetAnimation,MyRec,"undeploy",1
   StartAnimation,MyRec
   wait,5
   replace,MyRec,"avrecy",true
   JumpTo,checkagain

A true DLL can actually read the undeploy time, what vehicle to undeploy it into, and the undeploy animation from the ODF and use them, this is just the quick and dirty Scriptor version for use in the SP missions.

And yes, I could use one mine and look for the nearest building, grabbing that as the undeploying object, but that didn't work as well as having a dedicated object for each Production Unit.  It might work in an actual DLL better than it did in the Scriptor...

TheJamsh

remember there is a FE scriptor converter, so you can see how it was all done. Im thankful for this because i now know how to create good-looking interfaces mid-game. Really cool.

Ill use the scriptor to make basic concept missions for my mod, on simple maps with notes in each area, then slowly build the map around it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.