• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone Novel

Started by Le Jay, August 13, 2009, 12:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Jay

Has anyone ever attempted to dramatize the events of the Battlezone games into a coherent novel?

Also, off topic, hello once more, and sorry for vanishing, people who probably do not recall me at all.

squirrelof09

[off topic] congrats, your first post out that does not contain brackets :P. yeah I remember you [/off topic]

Well, that would actually sound like I great idea. With all the storylines people post - sure something could be compiled
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Le Jay

[Oh, I knew there was something I forgot.]  =P

I kid, I kid.  Finally learned that carrying that habit around was offputting, sorry for any annoyance it may have cause int he past.  ^_^;

Anyway, on topic, I was refering to something a bit more official.  Maybe something published and all that awesome stuff.

bb1

AHadley

I'm a writer, I have several projects on the go at once (though only one is getting anywhere atm). I did consider writing a BZ novel, a story or series of stories spanning from BZ1 all the way through to FS, as it happens, but I decided to be careful and contacted Activision, Pandy and Atari before I started. None of them ever replied to me.

There's some fanfiction out there, but none of it will ever become a full work because of copyright problems... its not your story, after all.

Sorry to put a damper on things.

bb1

Did you even click that link?

He got his lawyers on them and has full permission. It is on the final editing stages and will be published as soon as he gets a company to dig it. 140,000 words of loosely-moderately battlezone-based goodness.

AHadley

yeah, I did click the link, but i didnt have time to read much. Got about three posts down before I had to stop.

And I'm gonna have to look out for that now :D

Le Jay

Awesome.  I'm suprised though, I was thinking of writing it myself.  Instead, I simply can't wait to read it.

Clavin12

I wonder if people from Activision know that we're here doing stuff like this.
C l a v i n 1 2

Feared_1

They probably don't care.

Rocket

Quote from: Clavin12 on August 14, 2009, 06:32:15 AM

probably only people who work at activision that are fans of BZ  :lol:
Hidden Defenders Mod

TheJamsh

so no-one lol...

only Pandemic produced a couple of true die-hard fans. Cue GSH and Ultraken...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bb1

Quote from: Clavin12 on August 14, 2009, 06:32:15 AM

Did you even read the thread?

Quote from: bb1He got his lawyers on them and has full permission.

cheesepuffly

Hell i would do it, however i would have to consider it a fan fiction though.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

iron maiden

im a bit of a writer myself and have considered writing one. Im elated that one d finally going to come out!

Go iron maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream