• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can any unit be used as a drone launched from a carrier type?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, August 13, 2009, 04:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I recently modified the Cerberi Demon odf into an aircraft carrier with new drone types; jets and helicopter, but can any type of unit be deployed by a carrier type. These are water based carrier, so I'm guessing that tracked types are pretty much a no go, but what about other types like turrets, hover, and APC types? Tanks BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

Yeh you just have to make the weapon for it, which would be a dispenser of some description. Easy as pie.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

You could have a carrier dispense more carriers, too, and so on, ad infinitum.
What box???

Clavin12

But the carriers would have to have a secondary weapon if all they dispensed was other carriers. Otherwise they would only serve as a wall.
C l a v i n 1 2

Red Devil

Not if your purpose was to just make billions of carriers.  :wink:
What box???

ScarleTomato

heheh i did that with a little glowing cricket a while back, instead of spawning one on each hop it spawned two. Got really bright and reeeeaally slow very quick.

TheJamsh

Why am i being smited for my comment here? 'Already Knew This' isn't really a reason.

Oh well

BNG Da BZ Fool

Strangely, just because, apparently is a sufficient reason as per the topic covering the issue? I found out the hard way that it is not. I got the Karma thingy pulled as a result. It has since then been reinstated after I explained I didn't realize I was abusing it.

Smiting, in general should be avoided as it tends to create undesirable tension among modeler's. Those of you that have smited others may want use it sparingly in the future as if someone complains you to may very well get this priviledged yanked as well. Aplogizes to any I smited unfairly. It was not my intention to smite just because I could; I guess I didn't really understand beforehand. BNG. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

Feared_1

These forums are already mean-spirited. Complaints to the karma system should really stay in the topic in "Talk to the Management".

Was your initial question answered or was it already buried?

bb1