• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I can't play LAN mode in multiplayer

Started by cunning crab, August 15, 2009, 11:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cunning crab

I want to make a LAN game to play with my friend but when I make a LAN game, he joins, and when I start he has bad assets every time and gets auto kicked. how can I fix this problem? Can i turn off auto kick? Is it something to do with his ping? The computers are right next to each other. the ping level is usaully around 15. help please!
When Crabs rule the world, you will be sorry.

VSMIT

Your answer was in your question.  Bad Assets is caused when one person makes a change to a file, but not the other.  So if either of you changed a file in any way, it will cause a bad assets kick.  Every time.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

cunning crab

Does it matter what patch im using? because we are both running 1.2 with no mods. we both have g66. thats all i can think of...

VSMIT

#1: G66 is a mod.
#2: Try doing a complete reinstall on both systems.  Do not install G66.  See if it works.
#3: If it works, install G66 on both machines.  See if it works.
#4: If it works, great.  If it doesn't, remove G66.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Axeminister

I remember you said you made like six installs. Remember you can check to see which install you have by looking at the bottom left of the screen when you choose your pilot name. All 1.3 versions are displayed there, if it's 1.2 then nothing will be there.
Another problem I've seen is if you used the cd to install those six installs the last thing it asks is if you want a shortcut on your desktop. If you choose yes every time then there might be a problem because that feature usually writes over an existing desktop shortcut so when your finished installing you don't know what version you're clicking on. Be sure to say no to that when installing and make your own shortcuts from under the start menu.
G66 for 1.2 is not a mod like VSMIT said, it is a mappack. Therefore it runs without help from the ModManager program. It is also an executable, which means it will install where you tell it to install. Make sure you install it to the 1.2 version. Example: C://program Files/BattlezoneII1.2
My wife and I play G66 all the time. Can't wait to see you in a game. Although I've noticed we have different hours. :-)
There is no knowledge that is not power.

cunning crab

Yeah. that sucks. (Australian) (But if i plat saturday morning and you play friday night it will work) Well the ONLY thing I can think of different is one computer plays with the no cd crack, i dont know if that will interfere with anything. i am launching 1.2 via Mm5 and there is no display down botttom left of screen for eaither computers. We both run g66.

Thanks

Rocket

your best bet is to install it exactly the same on both computers.
Hidden Defenders Mod

TheJamsh

First of all fella if you want to play G66 do the sensible thing and play it on the Public Beta patches :), theres a lot more in there.

Next, don't run from MM5 if someone else isn't. More often than not MM5 changes more than the .cfg file would, and you'll get different assets. just install it exactly the same on both computers from a fresh install, and you'll be fine.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Warfreak

Don't listen to Jamsh's first suggestion if you WANT to play the 1.2 version. If you just want to play G66 in general, have both computers installed with latest public beta and have the G66 2.0 (RD posted it somewhere) extracted to those builds.

And yes, MM5 is very, very buggy when it comes to G66, especially since you just have to run BZ2 normally to be able to use it. ;)

Axeminister

You don't need the cd except to start the game for 1.2. Start one game and get to the point where you have hosted the game via the lan. Then pull out the cd and start the game with the other pc.
  Like the others have said, have the same install on both pc's. You may want to uninstall the one with the no-cd patch and reinstall. Or just install the no-cd patch to the other pc. I personally have never used it.
There is no knowledge that is not power.