• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Steam being troublesome

Started by AHadley, August 18, 2009, 10:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

Does steam publish a checksum for their installer? if so does it match up?

here's the MD5 checksum for a working SteamInstall.msi i downloaded a couple hours ago
103F2995C7B497B44A3802D83CBEBE7D

does it match?

AHadley

That means nothing to me, how do I check a checksum?

ScarleTomato

http://stu.cbu.edu/~myarbrou/MD5.exe

paste the number posted above into the top bar

and browse for your SteamInstall.exe file in the bottom bar

if it's all green you're good, if its red you need to redownload the install program

AHadley

ScarleTomato

okay the next thing i would try and do is stop all running processes that i can and then try and install it... actually try to install it in safe mode and see if it will.
Under the administrator account, not an admin account, the admin account.

Nevermind about the safe mode install, i don't think it will let you. Just try killing all processes that are not critical and see how it installs then

Nielk1

Also try opening a support ticket with them. Be sure to be civil in it, and know at first their responces will probably suck.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I see I'm not the only person with negative comments on their support systems... you'd think that if they were gonna make you pay for a game you can't use where you want, they would at least offer decent support for it...

But I'll give it a try. Both of them.

AHadley

Sent a message off to Steam. I'll notify you if I get things working :)

AHadley

Problem fixed itself early this morning, I think it has something to do with my install coincidentally coinciding with a Steam update... But all works now and I shall hopefully see you all in-game sometime.