• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

couple of .dll questions

Started by TheJamsh, August 22, 2009, 01:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

I think this CAN be done, but is it possible to make a pilot play a different death animation to one in his ODF files, if he is sniped by a certain type of ordnance? of course if yes, it could only be done by .dll

My second question is... could .dll draw a windshield effect if a certain object hits youre ship. This is sort of related to my posts in another topic about creating limbs that fly around if you kill a pilot... Would be cool to draw a splatter on youre cockpit if the arm hits you :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

ScarleTomato

if you make the arm a tag projectile (look at the tag rocket or the sandbag rocket) it will stick to your ship, and you can make it emit a splatter of blood. Dunno about the death anims though... trying to make an exploding head? :-P

Nielk1

My thought is to replace a pilot on his death with a 'gib mine'.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Only problem with the TAG projectical is it wont arc like a real one, good idea nonetheless though...

Replacing the pilot on death would be useful, because it requires a head flying off via animation and bouncing a little. It looks awful if you do it with a draw_geom, the rotation is just blerg... The main reason i ask is because i don't want pilots exploding when they get sniped... Although that would be fun :P

Could a .dll swap textures when its being shot by a certain ordnance too? Although i think in a mission/multiplayer game things like this could get laggy... maybe.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

Anims do need to be in the odf and the xsi/msh. They are not just restricted to the one the game uses automatically, you could put other anims into a custom unit and they would only play when called by a script or dll.