• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Creating a plot for the 1.3 Community Project: ENDED

Started by VSMIT, August 22, 2009, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like in the CP?

3rd Cthonian faction
15 (78.9%)
Relativistic time travel
5 (26.3%)
Direct time travel
8 (42.1%)
Cerberi enemies
10 (52.6%)
Cthonian enemies
15 (78.9%)
Time Paradox loops
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

iron maiden

just to help anyone who wants the cerebri in the project, i refer back to an earlier post in which the ancient Hadeans or Olympians find a large force of Cerberi shut down on a remote part of the planet. whichever faction finds them turns them back on, however the Cerberi break free and begin to war over the time travel drive. at the end, a few remaining Cerberi escape through a time portal to just a few years before forgotten enemies, so that the Hadeans at that time period begin to build more of them before the events of FE.

OR........

while the Scions, phosphorii, hadeans and olympians are fighting, one of the time drives goes haywire and cuases a rift in space and time, resulting in the Cerberi coming through it. This would mean the cerberi are a race from another solor system, galaxy, perhaps a whole different universe. they would then proceed with the rest of the story listed above.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Nielk1

I do not think the Cerberi should be in this mod. I think they should however be allowed in the back story.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

my point exactly, they don't need to be a major race, but one or two levels fighting them would be rather fun. It gives a perfect explanation as to why the Cerberi exist.

Clavin12

I agree entirely. But who to be the main antagonist?
C l a v i n 1 2

Feared_1

Quote from: iron maiden on September 17, 2009, 03:04:04 PM
my point exactly, they don't need to be a major race, but one or two levels fighting them would be rather fun. It gives a perfect explanation as to why the Cerberi exist.

I agree with this. It will give the player a sense of satisfaction from FE saying, "hey, I've fought these guys before in FE!"

iron maiden

since, as mentioned in FE that the Cerberi have a self defense mechanisim to defend themselves, it would be a good idea that they wage all out war on all. Besides, if i were a demented machine that appeared in the middle of all out war and wanted to defend myself, wouldn't it be a good idea to defeat all the other violent factions?

Feared_1

Quote from: iron maiden on September 17, 2009, 03:13:06 PM
since, as mentioned in FE that the Cerberi have a self defense mechanisim to defend themselves, it would be a good idea that they wage all out war on all. Besides, if i were a demented machine that appeared in the middle of all out war and wanted to defend myself, wouldn't it be a good idea to defeat all the other violent factions?

No, no. Not having them a huge part of the mod. Maybe the player visits a planet that just happens to be Cerberi-infested, so for that ONE mission the player has to deal with them.

Clavin12

Know that we've dealt with the Cerberi how about the main antagonist. The Phosphorii are supposed to be benign so we can't use them. The Hadeans have been used and the Olympians have been used. We could either make a new race or...ISDF anyone?
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

or perhaps the protagonist fights the cerberi once they arrive for a level or two and defeats much of their force, then returns to fighting whoever he's fighting[i lost track.] the cerebri are there mainly so that it gives their existence in FE more body, they don't have to be a main part of the story.

Clavin12

Quote from: iron maiden on September 17, 2009, 03:29:54 PM
fighting whoever he's fighting[i lost track.]

Thats what i'm trying to come up with. Whoever he's fighting.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

how about, when he lands, the scions play solo for a level or two, raiding Hadean and Olympian outposts before joining up with the phosphorii. Resulting in the protagonist, the Phosphorii, and perhaps the Olympians or rebel Olympians in fighting the Hadeans. Sometime in the middle of the story the Cerberi arrive for a level or two before going to hiding and planning on escape. near the end, the phosphorii betray the Olympians and Scions and evacuate the planet, setting the moon to collide with it. The scions then join up with either the Hadeans or Olympians to help either side escape through time, though whichever you help, a small group of the other team manage to escape as well. Following the Cerberi escaping, your faction leaves via a massive convoy yet your ship is shot down, crash landing on Earth, 3 billion years ago.

Clavin12

What drives the Phosphorii to do all this? why do you go back in time in the first place? Just trying to ask the necessary questions.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

In my eyes, the answers to your questions would be,

A. The phosphorii are looking for a way to escape their losing war with the Hadeans and Olympians.

B. The scions travel back in time by rebuilding the time travel mechanism used by the cerberi to escape the war they stumble into as i mentioned earlier in a fleeing cerebri cruiser in the years following FE.

Nielk1

I agree with the Cerberi being used like they are in QF. Just something that exists out there in the world.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

question, when the cerberi appear for those two levels, should we have some new units since the story is 3 billion years ago?