• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Creating a plot for the 1.3 Community Project: ENDED

Started by VSMIT, August 22, 2009, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like in the CP?

3rd Cthonian faction
15 (78.9%)
Relativistic time travel
5 (26.3%)
Direct time travel
8 (42.1%)
Cerberi enemies
10 (52.6%)
Cthonian enemies
15 (78.9%)
Time Paradox loops
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Clavin12

Cerberi units are fun. Lets. But one more useful question. Why do the Scions want to reassemble this drive and go back in time?

P.S. Maybe we can arrange a meeting on game surge with all the writers. It would go faster that way.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

who DOSEN'T want to go back in time? its one of mankinds [and scionkind's] ultimate fantasies.if i were to tell you i could zap you back to the Renaissance, wouldn't you want to go?

[and no smart alleck reponses!!!!!!!]
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Clavin12

That's not a very good reason for them to go back in time and get in this big fight. If i told you i could zap you back in time to the middle of a battle between Rome and Gaul would you want to go? Lets come up with a more compelling reason than that.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

but the scions did not know they were going to be caught in the middle of this big battle. we could say that the drive malfunctioned as it was supposed to bring them back to before the events of BZ2 to try and stop the war from ensuing. instead, they are dropped in the middle of a war.

Clavin12

How bout we make it so that Something happens in the present time that will threaten the welfare of humans and cthonians alike and the Scions send the Ark III back to stop it. And since the poll indicates that we want cthonian enemies how about we make a group of hadean/olympian rebels. We could name them the Confederation. And they could have built up an army or built a weapon and the Scions have to go back and stop it. The Phosphorii ( just gonna call them that for now) could be made to have left a distress message in a capsule or something about this Confederation right before the Confederation wiped them out. The Confederation could have gone into hiding and was forgotten by the rest of the cthonians but then it comes out again with its weapon/army.
C l a v i n 1 2

Retroboy

Have a look at the poll results. I think that unless a whole lot more people vote very soon, Time Travel as a plot element is an undesired issue.

Personally I think it would turn into a giant morass of people feuding about causality, paradoxes and unprovable theory. :D

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

Alright everyone, here is my plotline. Please ask all questions in a single message, overall i think its pretty solid.

The scions pick up a strange transmission from a cerberi warship to ruined core
A cerberi cruiser appears near Mire.
It is shot down by the Ark three and crash lands, the survivors setting up an outpost awaiting rescue.
The protagonist attacks and destroys the outpost, hauling a strange device found at the ruined cruiser back to his base.
The device appears to be a warp drive capable of bending time and causing any ship it is placed on to move forward or backwards in time.
The scions attach the device to the ark three and decide to test it. The first mission, head back to core just a few days prior to the scion attack on the Cerberus base and stop the bloody human-scion war.
The drive malfunctions and sends the ark back three billion years to the once planet of Icarus.
The ark comes under attack by hadean and Olympian fighters and is forced to land on a large island near the equator.
The protagonist helps in defending the ark and attacks several Hadean and Olympian outposts before coming upon a phosphorii base.
The commander of the base and captain of the ark meet alone and agree to aid each other in fighting the Olympians and Hadeans. The scions discover there is also a faction called the federation composed of Olympians and Hadeans against the war. However, they cannot simply switch sides as this would require a public declaration to the persons clan, which at this time would result in death.
The protagonist makes his rounds with his various allies and the scions, causing great trouble for the imperialist Olympians and Hadeans while uncovering very interesting information on both of them as well as the phophorii, who, as said by a captured pilot before his death"watch them, they will toss you aside like a toy."
While the time drive on the ark is being repaired, a second malfunction occurs, causing a rip in the time space continuum, from which the cerberi pour a regiment through.
The protagonist repells several cerberi attacks and destroys the cerberi's main base of operations, after which the cerberi make off with several stolen pieces of phosphorii time travel equipment.
shortly following the cerberi's with drawl from battle, the phosphorii finish one of their time drives, attaching it to their own version of the ark and leave the planet. Setting the moon to collide with it.
The protagonist then joins either the hadeans or olmpians,either way the story ends the same.
The protagonist then battles his former ally, the confederation, which have raided several outpost's belonging to the Hadeans and olympians, causing the two to put aside their differences to save their species.
After many battles, the protagonist learns that the cerberi have constructed their own time drives and have left the planet as well, the Hadeans and olympians, having readied a massive fleet to evacuate the solar system, give chase.
The protagonist boards his own ship with his personal lietenant and other friends and prepares to jump with the rest of the fleet when the cerberi shoot down his ship, forcing it to crash into earth.
The  natural cells in his and the other scions body's slowly duplicate beneath the a shield of biometal that was once his outer skin, keeping it safe from the powerful radiation of the sun until they are capable of going out on their own, and slowly evolving into life on earth
The cerberi ship jumps in to the labyrinth sector a few years before the events of forgotten enemies and convince the Hadeans in the future to build more of them, resulting in the events of FE

what do you think? by the way, i think a good name for the protagonist would be Lawrence Hughes, i have always liked that name.

Nielk1

The Cerberi come from the Cerberus AI on the Dark Planet that is awakened and views humanity as an enemy because Braddock, a human, nukes it.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

that is only one of two existing theory's of the cerberi's origin's. who says we have to keep the theory's at two, why not make another theory. The cerberi still haven't been explained in full so making another theory is no big deal.

Nielk1

What is the other theory? I only know the 1 even after gathering info from Slaor and others.

The question was not where they came from but why they were there.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

the second theory is that the cerberi were just another  fury style race that destroyed its master. the cerberi were mainly nomadic pardon a sporadic base on miasma. the cerberi simply attack an outpost of another faction just to bring in biometal to make more of them. the cerberi came across the cerberus computer and rescued it, the computer told them to eradicate all threats to their survival in order to live unapossed. this is why the cerberi view humanity as a threat that must be destroyed.

Still, neither of these theories has been officially proven so creating a third theory will do little in terms of turmoil in the community.

VSMIT

Actually...  Wasn't the Cerberus AI version the "official" one that the original CP guys used?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

true, but consider this, when the cerberi make the jump from icarus three billion years ago, they arrive soon after the destruction of core and rescue the cerberus AI, locking in with the events of FE.

Rocket

there's a major/minor problem with your story there...

QuoteThe drive malfunctions and sends the ark back three billion years to the once planet of Icarus.

icarus is the supposed planet between jupiter and mars, (now asteroid belt) that was exploded by the cthonians blowing it up because of infestation of the furies. So having it being blown up by the moon, causes the story of bz1 to be disrupted enormously.

ok, this is what happend: the cthonians originally lived in a solar system "very" far away, and their original planet was destroyed by the moon crashing down on it, which was triggered by the third cthonian faction "phosphorii".

the phosphorii died, but successfully built a portal that the scions, hadeans, and olympians escaped through (they escaped to our solar system), but the scions died in a space battle against the hadeans and olympians after exiting the portal, and their bodies landed on earth... the hadeans and olympians found the fifth planet from the sun, which they named Icarus, was perfect for cthonian life, and remained there, until the furies.

incidently, i've written a story, going to post it in a little.
Hidden Defenders Mod