• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Creating a plot for the 1.3 Community Project: ENDED

Started by VSMIT, August 22, 2009, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like in the CP?

3rd Cthonian faction
15 (78.9%)
Relativistic time travel
5 (26.3%)
Direct time travel
8 (42.1%)
Cerberi enemies
10 (52.6%)
Cthonian enemies
15 (78.9%)
Time Paradox loops
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Nielk1

Click on the image...

bb1

Also of note is when EPIC was conceived... wasn't FE a little more fresh in people's memory when that came around?

Ignoring that, you reinforce the notion that cerberi already have another story in the making... would you really want to do something that could force EPIC to be rewritten (partially at least)?

AHadley

Maybe have the Cerberi that travel back destroyed and leave some remnants in the original time... ideally, we need Slaor.

VSMIT

Leave the Cerberi out of the major plot points.  They had a mod already, and are part of more than one other mod currently in development.  Drop the point.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Quote from: VSMIT on September 15, 2009, 01:42:10 AM
Leave the Cerberi out of the major plot points.  They had a mod already, and are part of more than one other mod currently in development.  Drop the point.

More than one mod... Mine, Perfidious, Cerberi Revenge, QF. Hell even fleshstorm had a mention of them.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

I agree with V, stop quibbling over little things and come up with something.

Click on the image...

Mr X

How about this then for a story without cerberi (btw, someone could have said something earlier, it would have saved a lot of time :P):

Instead of the scions pursuing the cereberi, they find the AC drive with a distress message (from the Phosphornii) and head to their location using the drive immediately.

The third faction have just been eliminated when you arrive and have set the moon on a collision course with the planet.

You pick a side, you help it fight the other.

Towards the end the Phosphornii step from the shadows as it were and offer you a way to escape before the moon hits (starportal thats still need to be charged up) but they say the Hadeans and Olympians must not be able to escape with their new weapons tech. The Hadean and Olympian commanders team up, realising its their only hope of survival, and so you and the Phosphornii must join forces to hold off the Hadean-Olympian forces.

In the end, Adam and Eve escape together and the story ends the same as in my previous suggestion.

Everyone happy now?  :roll:
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 15, 2009, 12:59:25 PM
I don't mind it. but what is the major struggle?

The main struggle would be the battles between the hadeans and Olympians for control of the newly created biometal.
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

Quote from: Mr X link=topic=9788.msg151814#msg151814 date=125304*stupid*
The main struggle would be the battles between the hadeans and Olympians for control of the newly created biometal.

And the Hadeans win because it fits in with FE.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 15, 2009, 01:21:06 PM
And the Hadeans win because it fits in with FE.

No-one really wins, in the end everyone involved winds up dead.
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

except for the main character because he escapes with the help of the Phosphorii. How does it fit in with FE if all the Cthonians die?
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Only one change I want to make from that, which is that the scions already have the drive built into the Ark III. This will make things fit with Perfidious. I don't destroy the Cerberi. But, as my plans are at the moment, the allied races find an Acclubierre drive amongst Cerberi tech at the end.

Maybe the Scions just receive the distress call targeted at them by the Phosphornii, who somehow (dont give an explanation) knew they would get the drive.

iron maiden

How about when the both the scions and cerberi go back in time, you get to chose between Hadean or Olympian. However, the cerberi don't pick a side and wage a war on all of them
[Becuase the Cerberi are programmed to eradicate all threats to thier survival]
Though most of the cerberi are destroyed near the end of the game, they manage to rebuild thier drive and escape back through time, or they shut down and hide in a secret underground complex.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream